Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will it stop?

Hey all, just thought id come on and share my little story with you all. So my aunt and uncle won a free night at the Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City, Michigan. They have this hotel all over the US, but im not sure where. Dont know if any of you have heard of it or not, but it is a big fancy hotel, with a Water park inside of it. So my aunt and uncle invited me and my mom and dad to come stay with em overnight since the room slept 8. So we did. We got there, went into the bar had some stuff to drive, I had a virgin pina colda smoothie with strawberry added since im not 21 yet, was awesome by the way. They arrived we checked in, went to the room went and ate dinner at the bar and grille in the hotel, then we went back to the room and changed into our bathing suits to go into the Water park. Passes to the water park are usually 15 bucks but if you stay overnight it is included in the room price so you get these wrist bands to put on to go to the water park. So i get on a one piece swim suit, i put shorts and a t-shirt on overtop, since obviously im self concious about myself or else i wouldnt be getting WLS. We go down to the water park, go in the hot tub, everything is fine, go into the pool, back into the hot tub. They have like 4 huge slides there, 2 of em you use tubes in and they go outside of the building and back in and wind in and out and what not. The other 2 come off of this huge wooden water house like thing, that you can race people in, of course thank god, they are completely open at the top not closed in completely. Anyways my cousin asks me if i want to race her, im like ehhhhh uhhhh uhhhh sure i guess so. So we head up to the slides and get to the top after getting drenched with water on the way there, and getting racoon eyes (i hate that). There is a life guard at the top making sure n one gets hurt. So her and I step up to the top and get ready to go into the slides. I ask him JOKINGLY, so do you think i will fit in that slide, cause the slide was pretty small, and he gave me the DIRTIEST look, looked at me up and down my body like i was disgusting, looked at the slide, looked back at me and was like, dunno go ahead. Im like what was that look for, and he goes sorry go ahead. Im like no im not going now, that was just plain rude. so i go back down the stairs and i go to the snack bar that is in the waterpark, and im like i want to talk to the person in charge of the life guards NOW, cause that fucking little punk just did that shit to me. I FLIPPED OUT. I was swearing up and down a storm, and so i talked to the manager of the water park and she apologized, and couldnt do anything more, then "talk to him" about it. What the hell? When will it stop? Why why why on earth do people have to do that shit just because im not some skinny little bimbo with blonde hair and big freaking boobs huh? It hurt my feelings and it hurt them pretty bad. I bawled nearly all night long because of it. He did it, infront of a bunch of other people, and i was not the biggest person in the waterpark, so why me? Why do i get singled out and get dirty looks and what not. Im just wondering when this will stop. The only reason i flipped out is because ive been dealing with rude looks and dirty comments my whole life, thats why i dropped out of school because people were so rude, and i hardly go out in public because people are rude, i stepped out of my little bubble that i try to live in once, and that is what happens. Now i know why i choose not to go out in public, let alone go in the water with a bathing suit on. I was scared so scared about having this surgery that i was almost ready to say no i dont want to do it. Now i want it more then ever. I just want to be normal. Not get dirty looks, not get snikcers and comments. Why cant we just be treated like everyone else? Incase people didnt notice, we have feelings too. Just thought id share this with everyone. I will never NEVER be going back to the Great Wolf Lodge ever again, and i do not recommend anyone else go. It is a joke, the biggest joke in the world. Thanks for listening guys. Just had to get that out. Any comments or thoughts are welcome! Hope you all have a good day!!!!!

~Hotpink~

Sorry you had to endure that! I know it hurt but what that rude person doesn't understand is the struggle we go through. You are on the road to changing your life, don't let anyone get you down! NOT EVER!

I am sorry it hurt your felings so badly. Trying to make a decision concerning WLS, is likely what had your emotions so close to the surface. It is hard to be the butt of other people's jokes. As you age some and are around more adults, it does lessen---lucky for you, you will have had this surgery done, and it will not be a problem for long.

Now...in my opinion, maybe you just kinda scared the lifeguard into not knowing WHAT to say. I understand that we joke about things like that, in an effort to cover up our feelings, and hoping if we say it first--maybe they won't say anything. It is kind of like asking a guy if an outfit makes our butt look big....well for most of us it already IS big---and he has no right answer, and then being mad because he said the wrong thing. I am not blaming you for it, but it just sounds like one thing leading to another, and the outcome was not pleasant.

Now I know you didn't ask for it, but the Mama in me must point out, that in an effort to get the manager, or the people in charge to take your complaint seriously, you must present the problems in a serious, adult manner---cursing and doing it in an emotional way, will likely get you nowhere. They will assume your bad attitude led to the problem, and dismiss you as opposed to the employee. Next time, hold your tongue, rehearse in your head a level, calm way of explaining the problem...find the manager,detail your complaints to them, and also what you EXPECT them to do to fix the problem.

I have never heard of that motel chain---I am sorry you had such an unpleasant experience, it sounded like it could have been lot's of fun! Maybe you will have to do a re-visit when you are thinner and see if any of the same people are working there, and do a Pretty Woman thing....mistake, BIG mistake!!!

Have you made a decision on a Dr., or a time for surgery? I fully believe getting control of the problem at your age will be a wonderful thing---I wish I had the last 20+ years back....without the obesity.

I wish you luck.....I hope your surgery goes smoothly, as well as your recovery. Come back and let us know! There is excellent support available here 24/7.

Hang in there---we feel your pain!!!

Welcome to LBT by the way!

Kat

YOU SHOULD ASK IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR WHAT OTHER WANT TO SAY OR LOOK .

YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF NOT WHAT OTHER ARE WONDERING .. YOUR CLASSIFICATION IS RUDE AS WELL .. LITTLE BLOND BIMBOS ..

JUST FOCUS ON WHAT ALL OF US STARTED A JOURNEY TO A BETTER LIFE AND FIRST THINK BEFORE ASKING .. YOU KNOW WHAT THE RESPONSE MAY OR MAY NOT BE .

DONT JOKE YOUR SELF SOME DAY MAYBE THEY WILL CALL YOU A LITTLE SMALL BIMBO WITH BIG BOOBS AND YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT ASWELL

SORRY BUT i SPEAK WITH THE TRUTH .

CLAU GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY

:clap2:

Aww, I am sorry to hear that, that happened to you. Some people just have no clue what you have been through. You will become more confident with less weight. I am not even sure what you look like, but yes there are always going to be people bigger than you. Don't worry about what others think of you. You are your own person, and you are going to be beautiful no matter what anyone else says. I am sure he was just put in an awkward position, but he should have handled it in a different way and not so rudely.

I wish you luck on your journey to a banded life. I tell you that it has changed my life completely and it will do the same for you. Which doctors are you looking at? Are you planning to have the surgery soon? I wish you the best of luck!

"I ask him JOKINGLY, so do you think i will fit in that slide, cause the slide was pretty small, and he gave me the DIRTIEST look, looked at me up and down my body like i was disgusting, looked at the slide, looked back at me and was like, dunno go ahead."

You question in your post "why me" however, it kind of looks like you set yourself up.....Until you made your size an issue the lifeguard wasn't doing anything but his job. What did you expect him to say?

I feel for you that you were hurt but you have to be careful of how you present yourself. If your weight is not fair game for comment - don't make comments about it yourself.

Well gee, thanks to those of you who had nice reponses, and those of you who said that i set myself up for the comments and my reference to a little blonde bimbo with big boobs, i would rather be called that ANY day, over getting made fun of. And as far as im concerned, i was just sharing my story, so please if you dont have anything nice to say, do not reply. My mistake in thinking everyone here would understand how i felt 100%. Wishful thinking, gotta stop that. Oh and by the way Mommy202, i asked the question in a funny way, I know im fat, ive been told several times and i can see it. And no it is not my fault i did not ask for it, he could have said, suuuuuure youll fit no problem and smiled and left it at that, he didnt need to give me a dirty look like i was the most disgusting thing in the world. That was not called for no matter who you are. If it happened to you, im sure you wouldnt be saying that i asked for it.

~Hotpink~

Any comments or thoughts are welcome!
If you didn't want comments, you shouldn't have said they were welcome. No offense, but if your attitude in your last post is any guide, you might not have come across as nice and joking as you thought you did, when you talked to the life guard.

We get what you went through because we've all gone through it. We're all considered "the fat girls". But seriously, you DID set yourself up. I definitely understand wanting people to stop treating you like crap. Nothing excuses the ligeguard from what he did. But you also have to stop opening the door and not expecting people to walk through it.

I really don't believe anyone was trying to further hurt your feelings. You came here as an adult, and are among adults. We will be here to support you 100% as you travel through the band process.

The lesson here, is not necessarily a band lesson, but a life lesson and that as I see it is....

You will NEVER be able to change the life guard, nor the manager's actions...the only person you have the full ability to change is yourself. Planning this surgery is a HUGE step---one in the right direction as far as I am concerned. Learning to care more about what you think than others, is another lesson---one I am still trying to master. We may not always say what you want to hear---like I say you are here as an adult, with adults...but we will always try to be honest, and helpful in our comments. Yes, the lifeguard handled it wrong---he should have assured you all was well, and went on, but the sad fact is he didn't. But you let him win....even with contacting the manager...by letting him know he "got to you" you let him win. You have to toughen up that shell, as hard as it is to do...allowing him to run you from the pool was bad, but to ruin your entire weekend was giving him way too much power!!! You are worth way more than his piddly ass comments---his or anyone elses.

Kat

Any comments or thoughts are welcome! Hope you all have a good day!!!!!

~Hotpink~

Don't ask for comments if you don't want honest feedback. The same applies to asking someone if you will fit, if you really don't want to hear what they have to say. I'm not saying the lifeguard couldn't have handled it a different way but you certainly could have handled it differently. The fact that you basically threw a temper tantrum, drawing even more attention to yourself, says alot.

I was in Venice, Italy recently and went for a gondola ride. As I approached the boat, I could see the look on the gondolers face. I asked if there was a weight limit because I genuinely wanted to know. I sure as hell didn't want to capsize in the middle of the Grand Canal. He politely answered, "you are fine" so I went ahead with the ride. Had he told me no, I would have just left quietly, silently cursing myself (and no one else) for putting me in this position.

Don't set yourself up. People may not know that you are joking. Being fat is difficult enough without inviting insults.

Sharon

Well obviously none of you can read, because in my latest post, I said, if you dont have anything nice to say, please dont reply. Yet your still telling me its my fault. Maybe its your fault for replying when after i said comments are welcome, i said unless you have anything nice to say, please dont reply. Im done with this topic.

~Hotpink~

kat817 - you are very wise and responded very tactfully. i am continually impressed at the sound advice and comments i find on this forum by people such as yourself. :D good job.

Thank you silry---I have never tried to be mean to anyone on this board--and feel bad if it was taken that way.

Hotpink--hang in there---give us a break, as we ALL need it from time to time!!!

This is off topic---but I have FINALLY broke my plateau---I had stalled at 208.5 for months!!! And in the last 2 days I finally have been dropping again!!! Now there is a stinking piece of leftover birthday cake screaming my name---so I think I will hit the treadmill and see if I can shut the cake up!!! Wish me luck!

Kat

This is off topic---but I have FINALLY broke my plateau---I had stalled at 208.5 for months!!! And in the last 2 days I finally have been dropping again!!! Now there is a stinking piece of leftover birthday cake screaming my name---so I think I will hit the treadmill and see if I can shut the cake up!!! Wish me luck!

Kat

AWESOME!!! about breaking the plateau, not the cake. LOL. there is no way i can have cake in the house. i don't even allow my neighbors to have it in their houses. LOL!!!

have fun on the treadmill and keep up the great work, ya loser! (<-- i can't wait to be called a loser!! only 22 more days!!!)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: