Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling empowered finally!!!!!!!!

I had my banding Sept 22, 2006. I had a very hard time adjusting to the band. Not the amount of food I could eat but the amount of types of food I could not eat and then not loosing weight.

Post op I lost 3 lbs, after first fill I had restriction but was hungry all the time, I lost 4lbs but I had the flu so really what I lost was due to flu. My second fill was Dec 15th. and I did have alot of restriction. Actually at times I thought too much. I wasn't loosing and unable to eat much of anything.

Well the big change was about 3 weeks ago. I am not sure exactly what the change was. Someone said they thought I was eatting too much still but those who saw me eatting thought I was eatting too little.

Well I have eliminated bread from my diet and have been focusing on Protein. I eat sooooo much salad my digestive system yells at me sometimes. I have been eatting things like apple sauce and Kellogs Protein Bars, Grilled chicken salads for meals and eggs. I am finding things that go down easier and I really do think that increasing the amount I have been eatting just a little has made the difference.

Finally I am loosing. I lost 6lbs in the past 3 weeks. I went for my fill appointment last week and opted not to have a fill because I feel I have good restiction and am loosing.

I think it is also partly because I am eatting more food. Before I could eat 3 bites of a sandwich and that would be it and now I eat just the tuna for example and can eat a serving of it.

I am happy and feel empowered.

Before I was discouraged and feeling like a failure.

I like walking on the treadmill and even pre surgery was working out on my husbands treadmill. During the time I was feeling discouraged I tried working out and the treadmill would not work for me. I thought it was not working because I in the 250's but when it stoped working for him we realized it is just old.

We are getting a new one this week hopefull and then I can work even harder to loose some more weight and feel extra good this summer.

So anyone feeling discouraged about their weight loss hand in there because your body will kick in gear.

Glad your weight loss has continued. That is great. Funny how the body works. Who would have thought you can lose weight uping your calories.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches