Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People who found their sweet spot - What do you think?

I had surgery in Late June. Everything has been as expected so far but lately things have changed.

My last fill was 2 days before Thanksgiving. I was pretty happy with the restriction and my doctor and I decided not to add more to my band at my appointment in December. Actually I'd say that I still am happy except there are times when I find myself eating quite a bit. Last Tuesday I ate a full bag of 98% Fat Free popcorn. I can't remember what I had for dinner, just that I needed something extra that evening. Friday I went to Applebee's with my neices. I ordered the chicken, apple and walnut salad with the dressing on the side. When asked if I wanted the full or half order I got the half. I was happy with my choice. After a few bites I felt like I had to stop, I did. A few minutes later I ate some more and ended up finishing the salad.< /p>

Three weeks ago I started noticing that when I feel that I must stop after a few bites I need to have more food in 1 hour instead of 3 hours. I have an appointment to see my doctor later this week. I just wanted to know what those of you who have found their sweet spot think about this situation.

Thanks, LynnAnn

Three weeks ago I started noticing that when I feel that I must stop after a few bites I need to have more food in 1 hour instead of 3 hours. I have an appointment to see my doctor later this week. I just wanted to know what those of you who have found their sweet spot think about this situation.

Thanks, LynnAnn

This has definitely been a sign in my case that I need a fill. I'm going through it right now and making plans for a fill.

I was told by my doctor that popcorn goes down like sand believe it or not. I can eat a full bag too. What you are describing is common. I can eat a few bites, wait and continue or I have first bite syndrome PB then continue. You aren't alone.

the first bite thing sounds like the first bite is either too big or too dry and not chewed as well as it should be. I know that happens to me. Great meal, two-three bites that's it and I know I can't eat more. But being almost a year out I now know it's because I plain didn't chew it right in the first place. So I just wait until those bites finally go down and have the rest of my meal making dang sure I chew right lol.

It must get easier as time goes by and we learn to slow down because I don't get that feeling nearly as much anymore. Good luck!

Sounds like the classic symptoms of needing a fill.

Your restriction might have been perfect in November - but if you have lost any weight at all since then, you may have lost fat pouches from under the band - so your restriction is less, now.

That being hungry and hour later thing is a big sign.

Get a little fill, and you will probably be right back at the sweet spot, again.

Hugs!

:help: Can anyone tell me if they have a doc in Salem Oregon or that general area that does fills for bands that were placed in Mx? I am needing one asap.

thanks