Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

He Knew All The Wrong Things To Say!

I briefly dated a guy last month that was EXTREMELY handsome. He tried to be modest about his looks, but modesty was not one of his strong points. Anyway, I told him about the weight loss journey that I was about to embark and he made the stupidest comment to me. "Wow, when you lose all that weight, you're going to have to swat the guys off!" Now I know that many people would take this as a compliment, but not me! I've been every size between 8 & 20, and not once has my confidence or beauty waned! My beauty comes from within and spills over into my outside appearance. I've never had a problem with attracting "males"! Never a shortage! But as we could see with "Mr. EXTREMELY handsome", I am not always attracting "MEN". Big difference! I would forego attracting males for the rest of my life, just to have the right MAN be attracted to me!

Anyhoo, my comment back to him? "Just like you approached me and asked for my number, another guy is going to do it again within the next 20 minutes! This is 300 lbs of "pure" chocolaty goodness! Who I am now, is who I will be later...Just in a better wrapper!" lol...

I know I've just rambled on, but what I want to get across is that you have to love yourself no matter what size you are! No man, woman or child is going to take away the love that I have for myself! I've been single for a year and a half now, and this has been the best time of my life because I'm not pouring my all into another individual. I'm working on my physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Until you love yourself, how can you truly love or be loved?

I love the way you think. What else did he say? It's all true you do have to love your self before others. That's also one of the reason why I need to leave my marriage I'm loving my self & my kids and I don't want someone making me feel bad.

I briefly dated a guy last month that was EXTREMELY handsome. He tried to be modest about his looks' date=' but modesty was not one of his strong points. Anyway, I told him about the weight loss journey that I was about to embark and he made the stupidest comment to me. "Wow, when you lose all that weight, you're going to have to swat the guys off!" Now I know that many people would take this as a compliment, but not me! I've been every size between 8 & 20, and not once has my confidence or beauty waned! My beauty comes from within and spills over into my outside appearance. I've never had a problem with attracting "males"! Never a shortage! But as we could see with "Mr. EXTREMELY handsome", I am not always attracting "MEN". Big difference! I would forego attracting males for the rest of my life, just to have the right MAN be attracted to me!

Anyhoo, my comment back to him? "Just like you approached me and asked for my number, another guy is going to do it again within the next 20 minutes! This is 300 lbs of "pure" chocolaty goodness! Who I am now, is who I will be later...Just in a better wrapper!" lol...

I know I've just rambled on, but what I want to get across is that you have to love yourself no matter what size you are! No man, woman or child is going to take away the love that I have for myself! I've been single for a year and a half now, and this has been the best time of my life because I'm not pouring my all into another individual. I'm working on my physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Until you love yourself, how can you truly love or be loved?[/quote']

Preach sistah! Lol!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

God I love your confidence! One of my goals is to start being ok with myself.

I briefly dated a guy last month that was EXTREMELY handsome. He tried to be modest about his looks' date=' but modesty was not one of his strong points. Anyway, I told him about the weight loss journey that I was about to embark and he made the stupidest comment to me. "Wow, when you lose all that weight, you're going to have to swat the guys off!" Now I know that many people would take this as a compliment, but not me! I've been every size between 8 & 20, and not once has my confidence or beauty waned! My beauty comes from within and spills over into my outside appearance. I've never had a problem with attracting "males"! Never a shortage! But as we could see with "Mr. EXTREMELY handsome", I am not always attracting "MEN". Big difference! I would forego attracting males for the rest of my life, just to have the right MAN be attracted to me!

I know I've just rambled on, but what I want to get across is that you have to love yourself no matter what size you are! No man, woman or child is going to take away the love that I have for myself! I've been single for a year and a half now, and this has been the best time of my life because I'm not pouring my all into another individual. I'm working on my physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Until you love yourself, how can you truly love or be loved?[/quote']

I like your thinking ! We feel quite the same ! Never had a problem with men, and now that I am dating this guy, he says, "damn girl , you gone be fine as hell and dodging people left and right" .. I looked at him and said, " yeah your right and as of now I am dodging you . You don't deserve me and instead of making comments about my outer appearance, you could of said that I will be slot healthier !" needless to say, this is a relationship I will not be taking a long with my journey !

Amen!!! my husband loves me for who I am :) I am doing this for MY health and for my fertility so we can have more kids.

Thank you ladies! I was married at the age of 19 and divorced at 28. I am now 33. He was someone that I put my "all" into and had gotten nothing in return. I lost myself in him, gained way over 100 lbs, developed panic disorder from his jealousy, and lost many friendships. For years we'd tried to have children and couldn't because my weight made me infertile. One day he just stopped coming home. He called me and told me he'd been cheating. After a week of why me's and swollen, water-tapped dry eye's, I decided to tell him we could work it out. He told me she was pregnant. After a brief "Waiting to Exhale" moment, I lost what was left of me for over 2 years. My mother was afraid for my safety. One day, I just decided it was enough. People don't recognize me today because I am a far cry from the person I was. I am now an extremely extroverted DIVA!!! I am no longer allowing anyone to take what is meant for me. My self-esteem, self-worth, is meant for MY-SELF and no one else! Last year, my ex-husband came by my house and after small talk, asked if we could date. I looked at him with the most sexiest smile I could muster and replied "I would LOVE to!". A second or two when I noticed he was extremely excited, I said, "Oh, you meant date each other....That's not gonna happen!" LOL. Petty, yes! But I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! In that small moment, I conquered a demon. (6'2, 230, light-skinned, if you see him...RUN GIRL!!!)

I've been in a relationship since then, it didn't work. The person who've I've "graduated" into takes the time to smell the roses, and the B.S. that someone fertilizes them with. I am sooo single by choice! The one person who I haven't come up with the right thing to say to is my father. When that situation was going on with my marriage, he told me it happened because I'd gotten fat, and I needed to lose the weight and rub it in his face.....WHaaaaaat!?!?! Really dad?

Oh, and an update on the ex, they are now married with 3 children. He has a total of 5 and she has a total of 4. I heard from his family that they were having problems for a minute there because she'd left him for her first child's father.....Hey,that's what he get's for shopping at K-mart....

You are a mess. I love it

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I love your attitude. I have been over weight most of my adult life but I've never had a self esteem problem love me for who I am or don't claim you love me at all. I am so proud of you.

Thank you ladies! I was married at the age of 19 and divorced at 28. I am now 33. He was someone that I put my "all" into and had gotten nothing in return. I lost myself in him' date=' gained way over 100 lbs, developed panic disorder from his jealousy, and lost many friendships. For years we'd tried to have children and couldn't because my weight made me infertile. One day he just stopped coming home. He called me and told me he'd been cheating. After a week of why me's and swollen, water-tapped dry eye's, I decided to tell him we could work it out. He told me she was pregnant. After a brief "Waiting to Exhale" moment, I lost what was left of me for over 2 years. My mother was afraid for my safety. One day, I just decided it was enough. People don't recognize me today because I am a far cry from the person I was. I am now an extremely extroverted DIVA!!! I am no longer allowing anyone to take what is meant for me. My self-esteem, self-worth, is meant for MY-SELF and no one else! Last year, my ex-husband came by my house and after small talk, asked if we could date. I looked at him with the most sexiest smile I could muster and replied "I would LOVE to!". A second or two when I noticed he was extremely excited, I said, "Oh, you meant date each other....That's not gonna happen!" LOL. Petty, yes! But I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! In that small moment, I conquered a demon. (6'2, 230, light-skinned, if you see him...RUN GIRL!!!)

I've been in a relationship since then, it didn't work. The person who've I've "graduated" into takes the time to smell the roses, and the B.S. that someone fertilizes them with. I am sooo single by choice! The one person who I haven't come up with the right thing to say to is my father. When that situation was going on with my marriage, he told me it happened because I'd gotten fat, and I needed to lose the weight and rub it in his face.....WHaaaaaat!?!?! Really dad?

Oh, and an update on the ex, they are now married with 3 children. He has a total of 5 and she has a total of 4. I heard from his family that they were having problems for a minute there because she'd left him for her first child's father.....Hey,that's what he get's for shopping at K-mart....[/quote']

Hey girl read every line & love you even more. You are a strong woman & I'm mad at your dad he has some nerves. When ppl do you wrong it comes right back to you.

Your are too much laughing at "shopping at k-mart".. I would had said the dollar store LMFAO... Yeah I'm mean sometimes.