Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI of 33, dr. in Mexico?

I have a BMI of 33 and i am looking to get bandedin mexico for financial reassons. Has anyone out there been banded with a BMI of 33 or less? I have contacted two differant Dr. and they both said the requirement was 40 or above.

I have a bmi of 31 and Dr. Ortiz will do lower bmi's!

His website is obesitycontrolcenter.com

It was the greatest. If you go to my journal, you will get all the info you want on him!

I am scheduled to be banded by Dr. Ortiz on 2/15. My BMI is 37, so I know he will do it under 40. Plus I have done a TON, and I mean a TON of research on who to have to do the surgery, and even if I could afford to have it done in the states I would still be going to Dr. Ortiz.

Hey, maybe you could get it scheduled really quick and be there when I am.....I keep hoping to find somebody on the board that will be there when I am, but no luck yet......

Check with his staff, he has a web site www.obesitycontrolcenter.com that tells alot about him. He has trained many of the surgeons here in the states......

I was banded by Dr Ortiz on Jan 3rd 2007 and I would recommend going to him without a doubt. Everyone in the clinic was wonderful. Go for it!!!!!!! Julie

I was at 36 and went to Dr. Rodriguez in Acuna, Mexico. He will do the surgery on lower bmi patients as long at they realize the weight will come off slower. He is a great doc.

I was banned on the 24 in Mexico with a BMI of 33 everything went well I was also a self pay. It has been 1 week I have lost 12 lbs. I met a lady at the same office I had my lapband and she was normal weight and had just had hers done one day prior to mine. I questioned her about why she didn't seem to need to lose weight. she said she had a extra 20 lbs she could not get off and so she came from Canada to Mexico. I saw Dr Carlos at Bajnaor Hospitlal, the cost was about 2,ooo less than others I saw. Everything was good, the place was clean everyone spoke english. If you have any questions let me know

Lauri-Ann

Dr. Ortiz is a great surgeon and does lots of bands on lower bmi patients - I'm a bit shocked someone would get the surgery to lose 20lbs but that is their business. I wanted to lose 60 and can't even with the band but I don't blame Ortiz. Nothing works to get weight off of me - nothing. Well, I believe if I ate 600-800 calories might but I'm not happy doing that so i stay fat.