Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, my name is Wendy and I live in FL. I have been researching RNY for over a year. I had my consult this past week. I am in the process of scheduling all of my pre-op testing. So excited!

I came across this app as a fluke but so happy I did. Learning so much already!

Welcome! It's awsome that you have already started working on your pre-op stuff!! If you ever have any questions feel free to ask, or post the more embarasing ones in the powder room. You just have to get past the XXX on the door. its scary in there......

Lol, thanks for the warning. I have my psych eval scheduled next week. I still have to get my labs, upper GI, EKG, sleep study & blood gas. I think the hard part is waiting. I am inpatient....lol.

i had the same problem LOL. my psych eval took 2 months to get to the surgeon's office. I was calling 3 times a week bugging the secretary at the psych office until finally i got really nasty and so did my hospital. I called and left a message saying that insurance fraud is a bad thing, i hope you havnt billed for this service that you have not charted for and thus have not rendered. Then my surgeons office called and left a message saying they had 24 hours to get them the chart or they would be advising me to go to their psych doc and contacting the insurance company. Oddly enough the PW was in the office that afternoon...

the waiting sucks. but its worth it. I'm now 10 days from surgery date. =)~

Oh wow! I would have been upset too! I have a legal background so I will certainly use it if needed.

I guess its just frustrating having to wait on someone else. At my consult on Thurs I was told I had to schedule the psych eval and they will schedule everything else. So Friday morning I scheduled the psych eval for this Wed. But nothing else has been done....lol. If I was allowed to schedule the m, they would be scheduled. Not that its been forever...I'm just super anxious.

So you are 10 days out....hows it going?

10 days till surgery date is what i meant =) I cant freaking wait!!!

My anesthesia doc is gonna hate me though, I know i will be like, So what are you puttin me down with? 100 of fentanyl and 5 of versed? Are you going with a mac or miller blade or are you cheating and using the glide scope? can i get a little love before i go in, i'm a little nervous, maybe some diazepam 2mg IVP? ohh and dont be stingy on the zofran doc, give me some love. LOL

My last anesthesia doc loved me. He was like, ok sir here comes the fentanyl, here's some zofran, and last thing i remember he held a syringe up and goes and here's the good stuff little versed for ya, that was all she wrote LOL.

Lol... Too funny. I assumed you have a medical background, although I dont...I know all those things. Unfortunately Im no stranger to the operating room. Mainly from injuries...no more jumping on trampolines.

My Drs office told me if I got all my test done next week they would schedule me by the 2 week in August. Im not holding my breath bc Im waiting on them. But I am a single mom of three and I was hoping to have surgery before they go back to school.

I was counting down the days til my consult, I can imagine how stoked you are! I assume with the protien shakes your doing the liquid diet. Not looking forward to it but will gladly do it to get to my goal.

My surgeon has me on Protein shakes an 1600 calorie diet till the last 5 days so i am stoked! Its mostly a liver shrink issue and high Protein low carb is what helps with that so he doesnt require a 2 week liquid diet. I am a paramedic and tell me you wernt drunk on that trampoline LOL. i have seen some pretty crazy injuries from that thing to include a lacerated spleen!!

i have been on Protein Shakes for the last month, getting close to 100g a day but i am also weight lifting so trying to build up some muscle so when the fat comes off muscle is there to replace it LOL. WOW 3 kids!!?? Its awsome that your taking charge of your goal and your decision and moving forward! 2nd week of august would be amazing!

No, no drinking & jumping... I was jumping with my kids and got bounced off...lol. Broke my hand in 3 diff places, ligament & tendon damage and crushed the ulnar nerve in my elbow. So 5 surgeries in 3 yrs...but hopefully no more.

Thats awesome you don't have to do the 2 week liquid diet. Awesome you are in the gym too. You are incredibly motivated. I am swimming and walking for now. I stay super busy with 3 kids. They are 14, 12 & 5. My biggest goal is being a positive HEALTHY role model for them.

No' date=' no drinking & jumping... I was jumping with my kids and got bounced off...lol. Broke my hand in 3 diff places, ligament & tendon damage and crushed the ulnar nerve in my elbow. So 5 surgeries in 3 yrs...but hopefully no more.

Thats awesome you don't have to do the 2 week liquid diet. Awesome you are in the gym too. You are incredibly motivated. I am swimming and walking for now. I stay super busy with 3 kids. They are 14, 12 & 5. My biggest goal is being a positive HEALTHY role model for them.[/quote']

Omg! You broke your hand.