Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if anyone went through or is going through this.

My surgery date is July 17th, and so far just about everyone I'm close to is on board with me and being supportive, even the few who wish I'd given diets another attempt seem to be on board. Except for ONE person.

This person is always pointing out to me anything that's wrong about weight loss. Always talking about someone they know who is miserable and regrets the surgery. Or mentions how a neighbor of mine died during gastric bypass (it was his own fault, the man ATE and drank ALCOHOL past 12am day of surgery). And today texts me about Steve Carelis who "supposedly" died of gastric bypass complications.

Of course I'm well aware of my complications and I am still very much on board with my surgery. But it just makes me SO nervous because I really don't want to be that small percent that has horrible complications or death, I'm pretty sure none of us want that or wish that on any of us. But it freaks me out..And it maddens me that people think that by bringing up complications and situations (real or imaginary) that they will make us change our minds.

Ugh! Like I need anymore nervousness added 3 days prior to surgery.

Lemme tell u. I have the exact same problem. My so called best friend says all the negative things to me too. And one day I finally got tired of her crap and told her that its ok if she don't support me but she doesn't have to throw that neg wave my way. I made her kno that I'm ok w not being her friend bc true friends will not make u feel that way. In all honesty it's jealousy. Ppl see u making a change and their to darn sry to take that leap. My friend is bigger then me and always complains bout her bein fat n wanting to lose weight. But she's not doin ne thing bout it. she uses excuses after excuses. And frankly you just need to let ur friend kno that u dnt care what she thinks bc this is ur life. This is u adding years to ur life not her. if she can't respect u enough to let it go then let her kno ur willing to let her go!

We r fighting for our lives to b healthy and No one is to stand in our way!! Tell ppl how u feel n feel good bout it bc it's ur life not theirs.

Agreed. Can you tell your friend "I've researched this alot and am very aware of the possible risks but feel that there are more benefits to becoming a healthy weight."

Share your goals that involve health (doing sports with family, being around to help with grandbabies some day etc)

And when it comes down to it you only want positive thoughts around you so please keep your negative energy to yourself and please wish the best.

I hope your friend comes around.

Well my hubby didn't support my decision about WLS & still doesn't after it's done & over with. He is coming around to helping me out in toning my body. He has become my personal trainer. He has his own gym. If you think the biggest loser is tuff. You haven't seen anything yet LMFAO. He tells me in 6 months my arms will be great I won't need a arm lift. Let's see about that. He is also having me do this exercise for the chest. Somehow he thinks my boobs will lift it's self LMFAO.. I'm doing all the excercise so I don't say or he don't say I didn't try before having surgery.

Some people are on board with you & others are not. Some friends if they are over weight they want you staying fat because you eat out together drink together just have a food buddy. If a person complains so much about there body why not do something about it? Even if she doesn't have surgery when you can exercise go to the gym together eat healthy food. She will lose weight as well. Both of you will feel better. You can have 2 bites of her food,and she can finish up the salad. Make it fun. Because you can't eat doesn't mean life is over. Everything is not about food. Heck I spend less money now since I can't have but 2-3 bites. Used to be 4 oh well...