Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Havent told anyone n dnt plan to im having My hernia fixed also thats what im telling if they ask thats what im telling

That's what I'm telling people also ... !!! Ha, it's not lying because I actually AM, I haven't even told friends ! Just my parents (who are all for it plus my mom was banded) but u just don't think I will tell a lot of people to save myself from all the rude comments ! I am off to college and it is a very small school and you know how YOUNG IMMATURE ADULTS can be .

A lot of different opinions. All good reasons. I can understand them all. Seems to have much to do with your personalities? Maybe. I am sorry to hear of negative responses being a reason. That's just wrong. No one has that right over your decisions. If it's what you want, to keep quiet, shout it out or anything in-between, it's for you to say.

I don't think I'm going to tell Facebook, I'm just going to post a few pictures and if they ask I'll tell. :D

I just don't want to deal with negative reactions until after I get it done. I'm going to tell my boss after I get a real date, so that I can get my time off. But other than that I'm not telling anyone at work. There are a LOT of judgmental assholes, especially this one girl who lost 100 lbs the "natural way" and thinks that everyone else can do it too, and the surgery is just cheating for lazy people.

I didn't tell anyone before either except family members.... Now I tell anyone who listens... I'm proud of my success!!! I used to be one of those judgemental people that thought weight loss surgery was for lazy people... It is a tool and way harder then I thought it would be.... Tell them To suck it and be proud of your decision and how good you are going to look and feel

I've told my coworkers ~ they'd have to know where I was when I was out if I didn't! I have an office building of only about 35 people, and things get around - but there are really no bad eggs, and one of our coworkers had RNY almost 3 years ago and has done fantastically, so they are all very supportive.

I've told my immediate family and friends - I'm not holding the info back, but just letting it come up as it does.

I told close family and friends that were supportive and avoided telling those who were not so understanding (or so I thought). I was amazed at how judgmental some people that I thought would be supportive were and vice versa. I have a sister that I thought would be judgmental who turned out to be very supportive, and a couple of friends who I thought would be supportive who thought I was taking the "easy way out" (GOD how that pisses me off, especially after I nearly died from complications) and others who basically told me that I got what was coming to me (my complications) when I chose to have surgery. I found the comments from friends ( and mind you, I only told the ones that I thought were supportive because they had known me for many years and also had weight issues) were particularly cruel and painful.

So far, only my family, fiance, and his family know. I will most likely tell my classmates/co-workers as the surgery draws near though. In my opinion, I think it's important to be open about it in order to lessen the stigma associated with weight loss surgery and being overweight in general. The more people are educated, usually the more accepting they become. I don't feel a point in being secretive about it...I feel proud that I'm making my health a priority.

I'm with the majority here. Told family and close friends. Most don't understand. What I have found is the family of sister in laws and some others don't give me credit for the health changes and weight loss! So what I've started telling them is that this is the hardest diet and life style change I have EVER done (and ive done them all). There are so many "rules" and major consequences for everything you put in your mouth. I didn't realize how strong I really was until now. It makes them realize how much effort I put in and then they don't have much to say. Some do start to ask me questions which is great. As for Facebook and other people, I'll keep to myself. Good Luck with whatever you decide!

I've told my husband who is very supportive my mom and sisters, but one person thinks I don't need it but she has no clue what I'm going thru. If your happy with the desision you've made that's all that matters

I've told everyone even posted it on Facebook.< /p>