Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First off, I am already talking to my doctor, just wondering of anyone else has had this happen to them and what the outcome was.

The day before I was 3 weeks out (Tuesday), and the day before I was able to move from liquids to mushy food, I got sick. It started with Constipation, which I called my doctor's office and took appropriate medication for. After I took the meds, everytime I tried to have a BM (sorry about the TMI) I would throw up. The next day I would throw up even if I wasn't trying to have a BM. I couldn't keep anything down, not even Water. I called my doctor and he advised me to go to ER to get rehydrated and they could take X-rays. Since I live 3 hours from his hospital, he couldn't personally oversee my ER visit. I was admitted to the hospital, where a really spectacular nurse had to get up close and personal to help me with my bowel problems. The whole time in the hospital, I was able to keep liquids down. I was discharged Friday night and went to see my doctor the next morning (he very conveniently came to town that weekend). I had not thrown up again at this point, so I told him everything was fine now. We went shopping after the doctor visit, then went to eat. I only had water and was only about 2 ounces in when my chest tightened, my shoulders started hurting and I felt like everything was sitting in my throat. When I got home, I threw up all the water along with some foam. Since then, I haven't been able to keep anything down. I only get about an ounce in and everything starts all over again. I take slow sips, my water is at room temperature. I tried a Protein Shake this morning and not even that would stay down.

I really don't want to go back to the hospital. All my X-rays showed no blockage so I really don't know what could causing this.

Do you still have your gallbladder? I know many get gb complications which can actually refer pain to your shoulders.

It could. And abdominal pain.

Thanks for the info. I had a CT scan while in the hospital, but knowing my hospital, they probably just checked the surgery points and not the gallbladder. I will have to ask my doctor about this.

Plz get better soon.

I just had an ultrasound for my gallbladder. The tech wouldn't tell me if she saw stones :( now I have to wait for a call for my doctor...

My doctor called. I apparently have "sludge" in my gallbladder, so it is not functioning at 100%. I have to go to his hospital, 3 hours away, to get a something scan of my gallbladder and an EGD. So they will either remove my gallbladder or balloon my stoma. And I can't drink anything until all this is over :(

I not only had gallbladder issues,but also a stricture that was an. 100% blockage. I had to have emergency surgery to do a revision rny and have my gallbladder removed. One more night in the hospital and I get to go home.

I'm glad the figured out the problem. Good luck to you.

You will be having a hyda test. I had that done because nothing else showed any problems with my galballder. It probably best if they just take it out now. Its a common complication with people who have had WLS.

I hope they are able to fix everything and get you back on the road to recovery. I know how steasdu it is to think you have got this down only to have a set back.

Glad you got to a doctor! Hope you feel better very soon!

You will be having a hyda test. I had that done because nothing else showed any problems with my galballder. It probably best if they just take it out now. Its a common complication with people who have had WLS.

I hope they are able to fix everything and get you back on the road to recovery. I know how steasdu it is to think you have got this down only to have a set back.

My doctor opted not to do a hyda. He did an EGD and discovered the 100% blockage and decided to just look at the gallbladder while he was fixing the stricture. He said the gallbladder just looked awful, he had no choice but to take it. He couldn't believe I was still functioning and going to work. Lol

Glad you got to a doctor! Hope you feel better very soon!

Thank you! It's like starting back at square one...