Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my RNY on July 3, 2012 I had alot of pain with the drain & nausea the day after They kept me an extra day in the hosp Did a CT Scan to check the size of my Old Stomach I also had ultrasound of my legs Both test ended up being fine & the nausea went away Thankfully! I seem to be really good since leaving the hosp. on Fri. The day of my surg I weighed 269. When I had my 1st appt in March I weighed 286. I went for that appt to talk with the Dr. about Lapband & before we left he talked us into RNY. I have an Aunt who passed away from weight & diabetic complications just 2 days after my 1st Dr visit So that was my conformation that I had to change my path. Since March I have lost a total of 21lbs! I have no health complications & a Wonderful Life ahead of me! I have 2boyz I want to be around for & able to do things with. I have been fighting head hunger but other than that seem to be doing good So glad to have found the App Very Helpful!

Welcome to the group .... the head hungry dose get better.... i ate Jello and pudding to help with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

Welcome to the group .... the head hungry dose get better.... i ate Jello and pudding to help with it.

Thanks for the Welcome Its good to know the Head Hunger gets better My 12 yr old just ate a pizza & had to feed it to my 1 yr old cuz I couldnt & he was wanting some Smelled sooooo good! BUT........ I choose my Heath, Life, & New Wardrobe over food Now I choose ME! Just got to fight thru it plus DONT WANT TO GET SICK!

Seeing my kids eat things i once loved is still hard... i just try to eat before they eat so i don't get tempted to take a bite.

They still gotta eat Im sure all this will get better when Im further out Its not even been a week yet Seeing the weight come off is exciting Makes ya want to push thru Its crazy food can take a hold on us but its just like an addiction I didnt like the way my life was going being a foodie It was time for a change Im thankful I had Surg to help with the control Thanks so much for the encouragement! ;)

I am a month out and it is getting easier but pizza and ice cream were my favorite but learning to deal with it. I am already falling in love with the new me. I am down almost 50lbs which to me is worth not have that kind of food. Just remember with this new life we will be able to keep up with our kids and be there for them which to me is the most important thing in the world.

50lbs Wow It is worth it! Thats Awesome! I can already tell a diff even just losin 21lbs I know I will be like a new person at 50lbs Ive not had any of that bad junk food in over 3 wks So Ive done good Just got to break free Its just hard cuz of all the commercials or when your out in a store thats all ya see And of course with kidos ya dont want to keep them from things just cuz ya cant have it I know this whole things what was meant for me to do & Im thankful I went thru with it so that I will continue to be mobile & healthy for my boys Thats more important than any food in this world Ive just got to learn the new me Thanks for sharing You have helped me :)

Welcome to the group

Welcome

Thank you so glad to have found y'all! ;)

I'm glad you found us