Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's wondering how long everyone took off work and if you thought it was enough. I'm a hairstylist & makeup artist, but I work from home and make my own schedule. I'm hoping to take a week off and then start up again, with breaks in between each client. Work an hour, relax an hour. Does this sound do-able? I have known my clients for years and they won't mind if I'm doing their hair in pj's or sweats. So I literally can walk downstairs, so a few clients and be done.

It's wondering how long everyone took off work and if you thought it was enough. I'm a hairstylist & makeup artist' date=' but I work from home and make my own schedule. I'm hoping to take a week off and then start up again, with breaks in between each client. Work an hour, relax an hour. Does this sound do-able? I have known my clients for years and they won't mind if I'm doing their hair in pj's or sweats. So I literally can walk downstairs, so a few clients and be done.[/quote']

I would take off at least 2 weeks. Your going to be so tired and not have a lot of energy. You will just have to see how it goes. You wouldn't want to over due it to soon. I know for myself i didnt get my energy back till almost week 5. Good luck:-)

I agree with two weeks; I ended up out for 3 weeks though because I ended up with an upper respiratory infection. I know I was very tired for the first couple of weeks as well. You want to make sure you get your rest, it will help you heal better. Took a few weeks before I really had my energy back. Good luck :)

I agree. I am one week out and I am doing great but very, very, tired. I know it is just my body healing. Also, if you are on a post op full liquid diet, as I am, there is no Protein, so no energy.

You will definitely need at least two weeks. I ended up taking almost four. The first week you are tired and really sore.

So glad u asked this bc I was thinking the same thing. I have a desk job so I won't b up doing a whole bunch but I didn't wanna take more than 2 weeks off.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm a hairstylist too! Having surgery Tuesday July 10th (excited) I'm going to take off 8 days and do what you said go back behind the chair gradually! I'll keep you posted.

I would play it by ear. My doctor gave me 2 weeks but when I went back, he said 3 weeks. I really low on the energy part after a month.

So glad u asked this bc I was thinking the same thing. I have a desk job so I won't b up doing a whole bunch but I didn't wanna take more than 2 weeks off.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I ha my surgery on a Wednesday (13th), took the next week off and went back on Monday (25th).

I'm a hairstylist too! Having surgery Tuesday July 10th (excited) I'm going to take off 8 days and do what you said go back behind the chair gradually! I'll keep you posted.

Oh how cool! Do you work from home or in a salon? Are you nervous about being on your feet all day? I am, but you know how it is, you don't work, you don't get paid!

I own a salon in Jville NC. More nervous about making myself stop and eat and drink! And yes I know how it is I worked today, surgery is tomorrow lol;)

I own a salon in Jville NC. More nervous about making myself stop and eat and drink! And yes I know how it is I worked today' date=' surgery is tomorrow lol;)[/quote']

Oh my goodness tomorrow! Good luck and let me (us) know how it goes. I'll be thinking about you!

I'm hoping I can go back to work at about two weeks time at the most. I'm a social worker, and realllly want to be able to give my clients the attention they need without focusing on myself and how tired I am, etc. Is two weeks off reasonable? I'm afraid I wouldn't be allowed to take off any more time than that.

I have a desk job, I took the first week off and the 2nd week I went to work in the a.m. and worked from hope in the afternoon. My boss is fantastic and very understanding. It took a good two weeks for me to feel 100%. I was tired the first 3 weeks.