Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did U Tell People

I wad jus thinking how.did u guys tell ur family friends coworker or.stupid people And what was the reaction was it negative ,supportive,or judgemental

I wad jus thinking how.did u guys tell ur family friends coworker or.stupid people And what was the reaction was it negative ' date='supportive,or judgemental[/quote']

i only have told 3 people: hubby, best girlfriend and daughter. did not want to hear any negativity.

I didn't say anything until someone asked. I already had my mind set that I was doing this for ME and ME only :) (I don't have kiddos) let the negativity go in one war and out the other.

pre surgery weight 310 • RNY 6/20/2012 • current weight 280

I posted it on Facebook because I'm proud of my decision. Plus I have some fat friends I'm trying to inspire lol

I wad jus thinking how.did u guys tell ur family friends coworker or.stupid people And what was the reaction was it negative ' date='supportive,or judgemental[/quote']

So far everyone been supported

Family was pretty supportive, many friends were not because "it's not natural or healthy" blah blah ignorance. All of the negativity I've heard is due to people not knowing a thing about it, so I really try to make them understand that what I did was NOT the easy way out by any means. I've completely changed the opinions of a couple people about the surgery and that makes me feel great because nothing hurts more than someone thinking less of you because you were "too lazy to get healthy on your own and took the easy route out" when that is simply not the case

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary: 6/11/12

Told a few friends and close family but they already knew my health was bad becuse of the diatetes and I need something to put me back on track the diabetic drugs where not working any more even insulin.so this is kinda my last ditch thing

As long as we're doing it for ourselves and to better out lives/ self esteem I say f**k the negativity :)!! I chose not to post it publically but if anyone asks me, im not ashamed whatsoever of my choice :) there is nothing easy about this journey, it's a complete life change!!

I haven't told anybody besides hubby, father & grandma. I'm doing it for me, and so I can enjoy my son even more then I do now. I want to be able to play with him and run after him so its my choice & I'm scared if I do tell anybody it will be nothing but negative comments. ;-)

On that note. Some people don't understand where I'm coming from when I say I want to be able to play with my babies well duh... There but 120lbs with no kids!!! Lol ;-) I'm scared to even mention it to anybody else ;-)

I had sleeve 18 months ago and only lost 40 lbs. it was considered a failure. I told people after I had that surgery, not before.

When I decided to have bypass, I told very few people. When I even mentioned it people would start talking negatively about at so I didn't want their negativityThe only people the knew about it was my hubby and sister. The day before surgery I told my family just so they knew i was going to be in the hospital.

I say if you dont tell people that's your choice. If people ask "what have you done to lose weight" tell them "hard word, detailed food journaling, etc" if you don't want to tell them.

Good Luck on your weightloss journey.

Thanks just trying to figure out how to explain to people y i did this n y its not the easy way out without needing bail money lol!

Since i had my gallbladder taken at the same time i told the few that asked that i had my gallbladder removed. Everyone else its diet and working out. The only people that know hubby my mom and a girlfriend. Last night hubby and i went to his dads and they offered food up and my hubby said oh thanks but no thanks she can't eat that it will make her sick. Which i am glad he did cause i really dont want people knowing. I live in a very very small town and if one person finds out everyone will know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk