Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This site is awesome...very informative, hilarious and encouraging....i will increase my participation on here as things progress...but where am i in the process????...i have already participated in the surgeons informational seminar (awesome).....i have aleady submitted my insurance (bcbs anthem...anybody got any information how they do things, im in north carolina) information to the dr office...they seem very excited and confident that i will get approval fairly easily and quickly (i have only heard good things about bcbs anthem...not one negative experience...kinda is surreal considering the frustrating stories ive heard about other providers)....my benefits dont start till august 1st...my first official doctors visit with the surgeon will be on august 2nd.....kinda nervous but eager to get this journey OFFICIALLY moving in the right direction....but times seem to be going by so slow..OMG!!!!!!!....the dr office was goin to try to get me set up for my initial visit a week or so before my benefits start but they are just so sure that i wont have any insurance issue that they felt it not neccesary considering that they couldnt submit the request for authorization till august 1st...so im waiting......reading...trying to get educated about every aspect of this journey so i can be and do the best things for myself......but time is so slow....but i am grateful and thankful cause things could definitely be the other way...i dont hear alot about God/Jesus and members faith as it relates to the journey...is it a no-no on this site to mention and acknowlege ones faith or is it something that isnt being done(no hurt/no foul)...just asking....i hope evryone enjoyed your 4th of july...i look forward to posting and interacting more in the near future as thing progress!!!

Good luck!! It's a journey well worth taking:) I don't think your mentioning your faith is an issue. Everyone is free to believe what that believe and if someone else doesn't want to read it they do not have to. I don't find your faith (or anyones) offensive and as long as one doesn't use their beliefs to bash another feel free!

I think everything will be fine :) I do happen to notice that their are little words of Faith on here as well, but I do try an mention it when possible but really no responses , but we know without GOD none of this or anything else would be possible .

Welcome quefine! Great post and looking forward to many more. It's an amazing journey and you're gonna love the new you!!

This site is awesome...very informative' date=' hilarious and encouraging....i will increase my participation on here as things progress...but where am i in the process????...i have already participated in the surgeons informational seminar (awesome).....i have aleady submitted my insurance (bcbs anthem...anybody got any information how they do things, im in north carolina) information to the dr office...they seem very excited and confident that i will get approval fairly easily and quickly (i have only heard good things about bcbs anthem...not one negative experience...kinda is surreal considering the frustrating stories ive heard about other providers)....my benefits dont start till august 1st...my first official doctors visit with the surgeon will be on august 2nd.....kinda nervous but eager to get this journey OFFICIALLY moving in the right direction....but times seem to be going by so slow..OMG!!!!!!!....the dr office was goin to try to get me set up for my initial visit a week or so before my benefits start but they are just so sure that i wont have any insurance issue that they felt it not neccesary considering that they couldnt submit the request for authorization till august 1st...so im waiting......reading...trying to get educated about every aspect of this journey so i can be and do the best things for myself......but time is so slow....but i am grateful and thankful cause things could definitely be the other way...i dont hear alot about God/Jesus and members faith as it relates to the journey...is it a no-no on this site to mention and acknowlege ones faith or is it something that isnt being done(no hurt/no foul)...just asking....i hope evryone enjoyed your 4th of july...i look forward to posting and interacting more in the near future as thing progress!!![/quote']

I would be happy to hear about your faith and how God is working things out for you.

I have bcbs and it was amazing! I must say that my coordinator with my dr was amazing as well. She has been doing this a long time so can tell what insurances and what peeps will get approved quickly. Sounds like your having the same experience. Just stay positive of you get a set back!! Keep enduring and you will come out on the other side!

Faith plays a huge roll in mental health and as such we all should recognize that even a belief in no higher being is a faith. Perhaps we can get them to put a room called faith or something

I have BCBS ANTHEM. Mine is out of Virginia, but I live in Pensacola. (My husbands Ins). I like you had to wait for a consult. my Ins kicked in on July 1st, but i went to my seminar June 12th. It went by fast believe it or not. I'm sure your Ins requires the same as mine. 1 pysch and 1 Nut consult. Then everything will be submitted for approval. From there I go to the begin class and pre-op and get my date. So i'm really hoping for end of July early August. And as far as faith. I believe it takes a lot of faith to have this done. Really, who wants to voluntarily have a major surgery. Right.

I have Anthem bcbs and was approved in two weeks, maybe less. It only took me a month from my first office visit till my surgery. I think it may have all happened too quickly. Take the extra time you have to do your research and make sure your head is on straight. The time will fly by and you'll do great!

I have Anthem too, approval was really quick, after Nutritionist visit and Psych consult. Good luck!

I'm just curious for those that have had the surgery. How long it took from the time you had your pysch and nut appt until surgery? my pysch and nut is on the 12th. So i'm hoping they submit there stuff pretty quick so that they can send everything off for approval.

My psych took 2 flippin months to get report in. After that 5 days for approval