Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats to you both!!! :D

I'M APPROVED. MY SURGERY DATE IS FRIDAY MARCH 1@1030AM @ ST AGNES HOSPITAL IN MD. I GOT APPROVED FEW DAYS AGO. THEY WANTED ME TO COME N 2WKS BUT I NEED TO REQUEST ADVANCED SICK LVE FROM WRK N MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR MY 2KIDS. I'M SCARED N NERVOUS ALL IN ONE

I am having my RnY on the 26th at GWU in D.C. And had to set up help with kids with in laws because my husband's job is unpredictable and can get crazy (P.G.). I live in southern Maryland..... Lived in B-more (city and county) from age 9-30 and went to UMBC and UM grad school downtown......

Good luck!

I received my approval letter today! Surgery February 26th... So happy????

How exciting, good luck to you everything will be for god willing. I still can't believe that I'm just a day away from my surgery. The hospital called me yesterday to confirm the surgery time and as I'm speaking to the nurse I had to pinch myself to believe that this is so real. This change that will come to my life I know it's a lot of work and dedication but I'm ready for it.

Surgery date Monday Feb4, 2013 that will be a date that I will never forget. :) good luck to you again. And hope to stay in touch, this forum have really helped me a lot and have answer many of my questions. Thanks to all of you guys for sharing your experiences with all of us here. :)

I'm a little upset I should be having my surgery in 2wks instead I had to schedule it for March 1 on the count of having to make arrangements for my kids. At first I depending on their dad but since I'm refusing to stop child support he has yet again don't ask me or expect him to do anything. I really am tryim to b strong but right now I'm too sure. Last Friday I asked my job for advanced sick leave n waiting to hear bk from that 30days of advanced sick

Congrats to every who got approved. I'm just a LIL sour puss right now with makin arrangements. I only told a selective few of my surgery. I have one of my gf who will at least go with me to the hospital n stay all Friday with me I have a male friend who claim will stay with me the whole time. N the hospital. I'm just worried who gonna keep my kids for that weekend. I asked my parents n they said we will talk bout it knowing we barely talk they are really my best option

I also had to delay a month to get child care figured out.

I will say that I was lucky on that subject, my mother took off a week starting tomorrow to take care of my daughter while I'm at the hospital and I will stay in her house for the first two week. I could say that I'm blessed because I've had all the support that I need from my family,friends and even my boss told me to take as long as I need. Hopefully for you guys it will work as well. U will be able to find somebody that will help you with your kids. :)

Its really depressing to get all this way n have to get delayed. My kids are 15&6 they can't stay home the whole weekend alone. My parents are still together my mom is retired I don't talk to my mom as much but I do talk to my dad. I asked him if he can keep the kids for me n he said we will tall later about it n in my mind I don't have later I need to no now

Tell them straight up that you need an answer now, that you need them to be there for you that this is a life changing surgery for you and that they are your family therefore they are the one that are supposed to count with.