Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 11 days post op and I have to say the only thing I am haveing trouble with is when I eat I have to take a sip of Water to help my food go down I don't drink the hole glass just a sip help has this happen to anyone else?

I am 11 days post op and I have to say the only thing I am haveing trouble with is when I eat I have to take a sip of Water to help my food go down I don't drink the hole glass just a sip help has this happen to anyone else?

Since your pouch is tiny now that sip can make you feel full fast so you won't be able to get much food in with the liquid taking space that's why they say wait about 15 mins then drink liquid after eating. It took me sometime to get the hang of it after doing it for many years.

It is takeing sometime but hopefully I get the hang of this lol I feel like I can eat more and try more stuff but my dr gave me a list of food to eat for the next 4 weeks then he adds more but idk I see other people eatting different things and they had there surgery around the same time as me :( but I am down 25 lbs do I must be doing something right lol

It is takeing sometime but hopefully I get the hang of this lol I feel like I can eat more and try more stuff but my dr gave me a list of food to eat for the next 4 weeks then he adds more but idk I see other people eatting different things and they had there surgery around the same time as me :( but I am down 25 lbs do I must be doing something right lol

Yes your doing it right. I'm getting adjusted to this new life style. It's hard at times. I do get hungry but to take 4 bites I get lazy. Don't wanna waste food so I bite the kids food or hubby food no need to wash another plate.

It is hard at times but in the long run we will be good :)

My doctor instructed me to stop drinking 1/2 hour before eating and at least a hour after eating. The theory is that they want the food to stay in your pouch longer so you feel full and satisfied rather than washing is down with lots of liquid. You will not get nutrition if you was everything down too. If you need a small sip to push food along I guess that is OK but I follow my dr. instruction to the letter. I am 10 wks post op and if your dr. says its ok to try different foods then to it. I just follow my dr. instructions because you don't want to damage your incision or anything. Your body will tell you if you have done something wrong - LOL Start out slowly and with wet muchie type of foods. I try one new food a day !

Yes I try to follow it to a t