Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband just said if my sister in-law would have the surgery she would get through it with no problems, she would be just fine. I'm insulted because yes, I get sick easy but he has no idea what the surgery is like and what you have to go through. He quickly assume his sister would be fine when she has had no major surgery, burns, kids nothing. I've been sick my whole life, had 3 degree burn ad suffer with pain daily while trying to live a normal life. I'm glad we started that single thread!!!!!

Don't worry about them. They are in for a big surprise.

Some people are just insensitive a$&es. This surgery is no joke. Some people have no or little pain. Others have major pain. And still others suffer major complications. I feel like I'm the crazy one when I hear someone say, "oh I was fine. Didnt need pain meds. Etc, etc." I'm 3 weeks and 3 days out. My back kills me. I still get the tearing/burning pain in my lt upper abdomen if I move the wrong way. I deal. I'm up, out and about with a chauffeur cause driving makes me cry in pain. He's being a jerk. There is no saying your sis in law would fair any better. Each person has a different experience. And if he has nothing constructive to say he should shut his yap!!

My gosh! How horrible and insensitive! I would be hurt and angry! Everyone has their own individualized experience. To compare you to someone else, especially when she's never had health issues is just down right malicious and mean.

kiwiladydee i totally would be hurt by the comment ..... i believe alot of people even if they r close to us just don't understand why things happen or why we couldn't lose weight any other weight. I went to the er last and then got bitched at for going. I was told i shouldn't have gone. I believe i am not a pussy as i have 5 surgeries and 4 procedures done in the past 5 years. And this was the first time i have gone to the er cause i couldn't wait to see the doctor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

Who's in for a big surprise! Her fam? Or the singles thread?

N

No Kevin the sister in law when she experience the vomiting, Took me almost a month to feel normal,but if I don't chew right out it goes. So this is no way the easy way out or easy weight lost.

N

No Kevin the sister in law when she experience the vomiting' date=' Took me almost a month to feel normal,but if I don't chew right out it goes. So this is no way the easy way out or easy weight lost.[/quote']

I absolutely agree.

I try to chew so much that it's like being In the purée stage.

Hi kiwiladydee!

If you need or want to go to the ER, it's no ones business, not even your husbands. It sounds as though you have been through a lot in your life. With what you have been through, if you feel you need to be seen, by all means go! I am a Registered Nurse (retired) and I worked Urgent care most all of my career. It's better to go and make sure than to wait and have unpleasant consequences.

I absolutely agree.

I try to chew so much that it's like being In the purée stage.

Yes it is. I also swallow slowly after chewing a lot.

He apologized. He said he's going to start a thread for the spouses. lol.

Obviously he is having a hard time watching me go thought these hard times and he can't fix the problem with food like the past, so it's a huge adjustment for both of us. I have to give him a few brownie points for being hot/cute.

He apologized. He said he's going to start a thread for the spouses. lol.

Obviously he is having a hard time watching me go thought these hard times and he can't fix the problem with food like the past' date=' so it's a huge adjustment for both of us. I have to give him a few brownie points for being hot/cute.[/quote']

Here on the site he wants to start a spouse thread?

Here on the site he wants to start a spouse thread?

Yeahh. He was joking. But probably not a horrible idea. A thread for the spouses of gastric bypass. Maybe they can help each other learn how to show some sympathy.

Yeahh. He was joking. But probably not a horrible idea. A thread for the spouses of gastric bypass. Maybe they can help each other learn how to show some sympathy.

I love the idea