Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Going To Miss Most?

Bacon

Everything! Champagne' date=' carbs, raw fruits and veggies. I know alot of people are allowed to have them but my nutritionist says fruit and some veggies have too many carbs. And doesn't allow them.[/quote']

They are nuts! Not pun on food intended. But fruit is fruit! There are certain fruits to stay away from yes but not from carbs, types of skins or seeds maybe?

We can have ice cream. They have yogurt type & sugar free breyers. Also skinny cow.

It's not the same mami lol. Maybe it's a mental thing but I'm talking full on ice cream sundae. Though I am happy with my occasional sugar free ice cream treat, at least it's close to the real thing.

It's not the same mami lol. Maybe it's a mental thing but I'm talking full on ice cream sundae. Though I am happy with my occasional sugar free ice cream treat' date=' at least it's close to the real thing.[/quote']

Yeah I understand but also try to do the healthier version like banana sugar free whip cream sugar free ice cream maybe 1 cherry you can't fit much in once you had surgery but it will look good I'm sure.

My nutritionist said some very powerful words of wisdom..."Can you have sugar free ice cream?" The answer was yes. But, "SHOULD you have sugar free ice cream" not a very good choice when its so important to get all of your nutrients in with such a small pouch. She went on to say make your food choices count :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

My nutritionist said some very powerful words of wisdom..."Can you have sugar free ice cream?" The answer was yes. But' date=' "SHOULD you have sugar free ice cream" not a very good choice when its so important to get all of your nutrients in with such a small pouch. She went on to say make your food choices count :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk[/quote']

Sounds sensible, but surely even post RNY food can't only be about nutrition. You've still got to find things to enjoy, even if the are not always the most nutritious choice...

...or am I being an ignorant pre-op newbie?

Great question! Though with the dumping you would still have to be carefull on food choices I imagine

Sounds sensible' date=' but surely even post RNY food can't only be about nutrition. You've still got to find things to enjoy, even if the are not always the most nutritious choice...

...or am I being an ignorant pre-op newbie?[/quote']

Not at all! But the point was why come this far not to walk the extra mile. She said make the most of your first year because I assume ghats when the most of hour weight loss takes place.

I try to find my joy from things other than food. Adopting a new food lifestyle is hard and takes time. I just like to keeps things positive and encourage everyone to stay focused and on task so that we all can get the maximum results from having major surgery. Its not an easy road and I (as well as some others) can use all of the encouragement and knowledge that I can get in order to make it to my goal weight. Its a statement about "can" vs. "should". In my opinion anything worth having is worth sacrifice....I was just hoping that my nutritionists words of wisdom might help someone else as they have helped me.

Well thank you for sharing! That's a good point ya know. It's what got allot of in trouble in the first place. We never considered the should we only did the can /looks down at belly, hmm shouldn't have rings in the ears now! I mean man boobs reeeaaalllyyyyy!?!?!?!!

This is what I get for joking that if I had boobs I'd never leave the house

Well thank you for sharing! That's a good point ya know. It's what got allot of in trouble in the first place. We never considered the should we only did the can /looks down at belly' date=' hmm shouldn't have rings in the ears now! I mean man boobs reeeaaalllyyyyy!?!?!?!!

This is what I get for joking that if I had boobs I'd never leave the house[/quote']

Lmfao! Hahahaheeheehaa!!!!!!!

I agree with you Panda. I'm very careful with what I eat and when I eat it. I have had exactly 2 sugar free ice cream pops in the almost 3 months I am post op. I don't want to start new bad habits which is why I'm trying to avoid all the sugar free sweets. But as someone else said as an occasional treat I think it's ok. I'm proud of the choices I have been making as far as my nutrition and even prouder of my new found sense of control over food! I'm a work in progress for sure and just keep trying to make forward, positive progress.

I agree with you Panda. I'm very careful with what I eat and when I eat it. I have had exactly 2 sugar free ice cream pops in the almost 3 months I am post op. I don't want to start new bad habits which is why I'm trying to avoid all the sugar free sweets. But as someone else said as an occasional treat I think it's ok. I'm proud of the choices I have been making as far as my nutrition and even prouder of my new found sense of control over food! I'm a work in progress for sure and just keep trying to make forward' date=' positive progress.[/quote']

Sounds like your doing awsome and an inspiration to all of us! Keep up the hard work!

Thanks Panda! Of course none of us are perfect.. And we will all have battles and struggles on this journey. But for the first time in my life I feel like I'm in control of my eating and really that feels almost as amazing as dropping the lbs. I feel I finally have the stability and understanding about my body and nutrition to keep this lifestyle for the rest of my life. That alone is so empowering. I plan to be here for my now 5 yr old son until he is old and gray. He is my motivator to be the best me I can be.

Mary, I feel the same way! That's why the words of my nutritionist always ring in my ears...can I vs. should I....I am far from perfect but these words help me to make better food choices. I agree it is empowering! Feels really good to no longer feel powerless!: )