Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas Relief!!! Remedies

After having horrible gas pain going up my darn shoulder, I finally figured out what to do to relieve it! Well...somewhat relieves it. Hope this might help anyone out there!

Remedies

Folk

Betaine hydrochloric acid will help digest excess food that your digestive system can't handle on its own and help relieve gas, bloating, and an upset stomach. Older people especially are low in this very necessary acid. Take 1-2 tablets with any large meal. Pancreatic enzymes will also be helpful.

Carbonated Water It encourages belching to relieve the gas.

Celery seeds Chew (but don't swallow) a teaspoon of seeds. This remedy is supposed to provide quick relief.

Chamomile helps improve digestion and aids in expelling trapped gas in the digestive tract. Make a tea by pouring one cup of boiling Water over 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herb; cover; steep for fifteen minutes; strain. This remedy is excellent for babies who have colic, too. Give the baby 1/4 cup of tea diluted with an equal amount of water in a bottle before each feeding.

Charcoal, activated Activated charcoal will bind to the gas. Take two tablets before and after meals. Do not take with other medications, supplements, or birth control pills, as it binds to them, too. Do not use on a long term basis, only for temporary relief.

Fennel helps improve digestion and aids in expelling trapped gas in the digestive tract. Make a tea by pouring one cup of boiling water over 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herb; cover; steep for fifteen minutes; strain. This remedy is excellent for babies who have colic, too. Give the baby 1/4 cup of tea diluted with an equal amount of water in a bottle before each feeding.

Ginger Mix one teaspoon of fresh grated ginger with one teaspoon of lime juice; take immediately after eating.

Pancreatic enzymes will aid digestion and help relieve gas, bloating, and an upset stomach. Take as directed.

Peppermint The herb peppermint, either in tea form or chewing the leaves, will relax the intestines and make it easier for the gas to escape. Peppermint is a carminative, which is a substance that removes accumulated gas from the stomach and intestines. Make a tea by pouring one cup of boiling water over 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herb; cover; steep for fifteen minutes; strain. This remedy is excellent for babies who have colic, too. Give the baby 1/4 cup of tea diluted with an equal amount of water in a bottle before each feeding.

? Peppermint oil improves gas and bloating problems by causing gas trapped in the colon and intestines to be absorbed into the body.

Simethicone Simethicone breaks up the large bubbles of gas.

Homeopathic

Nux vomica will help relieve gas, bloating and a sour stomach. Take the 6c potency in 4 drops or pellets every hour.

Lots of luv! Alice

Banded on 12/20/07

Dr. Huacuz, Tijuana MX

weight.png

:clap2:

Hi Alice,

Thankyou for posting these remedies, I will be taking note of these for my surgery in Feb.

Magii

No problem, I guess it really depends on the person. The regular stuff like gas x and rolaids didn't work for me. The charco pills do however! Good luck!

After reading I am copying and pasteing (LOL) good advise................