Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel Trapped... (Psycho Vent, Sorry)

Hello all. I have been feeling a certain way lately, and I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone else feels like this or understands...

I feel trapped by food. It's a feeling I've just started feeling in the past few weeks or months. I am seriously just tired of eating. But if I don't eat, I of course would get sick. I start to feel like crap, headache, shakes, all that good stuff. So I have to eat. But if I try to eat healthy, a salad or something light, I don't get full. So when I'm cutting back, I still feel sick. Headache, etc. So I just try to stave off the sick feeling by eating a generous meal. No, typically it's not healthy, nor is it light. And what happens after I eat that? You guessed it...I feel sick. I literally have headaches almost everyday of the week. Not to mention stomach upset because I'm eating the wrong things. So that makes me not want to eat, which of course, leads me back to the beginning.

This is one of the MAIN reasons I want to have this surgery. I want to eat less, but I also want to avoid feeling hungry. I know that RNY is the right procedure for me, because it will allow me to do both. And the idea of a liquid diet is really appealing. To be able to kick food to the curb for any period of time seems like an awesome idea. :P

Anyway, if I sound crazy, please excuse me. I just really needed to get this out. :lol:

Bettina

I feel like that now after surgery. I don't eat heathly or unhealthy. I feel sick all the time. How can I eat what I want when I'm always vomiting? I limit my self & went on starvation mode. I take my vatimin & eat 2-4 crackers every few hours. I started exercising so besides the lack of food I feel fine.

LOL you are not psycho we all have our weird things about food. Mine is a love/hate relationship. After the RNY surgery its totally hate, at times I do get hungery then after I eat I feel like crap unless it is Soup but I do try lots of different things. When I was on total liquid right after surgery was when I felt the best.

LOL you are not psycho we all have our weird things about food. Mine is a love/hate relationship. After the RNY surgery its totally hate' date=' at times I do get hungery then after I eat I feel like crap unless it is Soup but I do try lots of different things. When I was on total liquid right after surgery was when I felt the best.[/quote']

Yeah I was feeling the best. Then found out Water was making me sick. Now I can't keep nothing down but crackers.

This whole process is a huge emotional rollercoaster and maybe there is something going on with you emotionally that is causing this physical problem. I just want to say that this surgery is not the be all, end all answer to all your problems with food. I am not saying you are looking at it that way but there are still issues post surgery that you will have to deal with so do the best you can to make sure your head is in the right place going in. The surgery starts you down the road but it is still up to you to stay hydrated, take your Vitamins, eat enough Protein and exercise.

Is there anyone you could talk to that has had surgery that might be able to help you through this in person? Do you have a support group or dietician that could help you? Or maybe some therapy to just get over this hump. This is a huge deal and you need to be as positive as you can be going in IMHO. Whatever it takes to get there will help you tremendously after surgery.

Best of luck to you. I hope you get it all worked out. Its no fun feeling sick all the time.

Yeah I was feeling the best. Then found out Water was making me sick. Now I can't keep nothing down but crackers.

Mami if your still feeling this way I think you need to see a dr you may have a stricture!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hello all. I have been feeling a certain way lately' date=' and I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone else feels like this or understands...

I feel trapped by food. It's a feeling I've just started feeling in the past few weeks or months. I am seriously just tired of eating. But if I don't eat, I of course would get sick. I start to feel like crap, headache, shakes, all that good stuff. So I have to eat. But if I try to eat healthy, a salad or something light, I don't get full. So when I'm cutting back, I still feel sick. Headache, etc. So I just try to stave off the sick feeling by eating a generous meal. No, typically it's not healthy, nor is it light. And what happens after I eat that? You guessed it...I feel sick. I literally have headaches almost everyday of the week. Not to mention stomach upset because I'm eating the wrong things. So that makes me not want to eat, which of course, leads me back to the beginning.

This is one of the MAIN reasons I want to have this surgery. I want to eat less, but I also want to avoid feeling hungry. I know that RNY is the right procedure for me, because it will allow me to do both. And the idea of a liquid diet is really appealing. To be able to kick food to the curb for any period of time seems like an awesome idea. :P

Anyway, if I sound crazy, please excuse me. I just really needed to get this out. :lol:

Bettina[/quote']

I feel that way now and I've had surgery there are days when I don't even feel like eating I will go half a day on just liquids alone and then when I do try to eat I feel sick no matter whether or not it's healthy! Maybe you could try to eat 3 times a day with Snacks healthy or unhealthy to see what happens it may be a sugar issue you are having that is making you feel sick! I have hypoglycemia and if I don't eat I feel funky and sometimes when I do eat I still feel funky because I can't really eat things with sugar in them because I've had surgery so it's a never ending cycle....maybe you should go to the dr and explain this because it sounds like you could be hypoglycemic!

Mami if your still feeling this way I think you need to see a dr you may have a stricture!

Really? I did tell him I was having problems keeping food down he said it's all normal. Now I'm wondering it is really normal? I see him again in august.

Yeah you shouldn't still be feeling sick and vomiting!

Yeah you shouldn't still be feeling sick and vomiting!

Yeah I would love to say I'm lying but I'm not. I'm going to have 1 month & o figure first weeks ok but I want to eat. I'm actually hungry!

Hey mami,

This sounds terrible. I get so mad at anyone who think this is the easy way out. R u taking any medications that could be causing any problems? Have you tried to put filter on Water? If your allergic to your Water are you using it for ice and/ or to cook?

Hey mami' date='

This sounds terrible. I get so mad at anyone who think this is the easy way out. R u taking any medications that could be causing any problems? Have you tried to put filter on Water? If your allergic to your Water are you using it for ice and/ or to cook?[/quote']

I drink smart water or Poland spring only. It helps out a lot. I don't take medications. I cook regular food for my family. it's me that can't eat anything. You know what I'm starting to enjoy vomiting. My body isn't happy until I'm completely empty. I feel like an anorexia. I ear & vomit. I don't even force my self it comes out a lone. I'm trying to hold down crackers & water. This is the only thing that stays down so instead of vomiting all day but I get so damn hungry I eat but it comes right out. Oh god I see no point in eating.

I understand where you are coming from 100%! I'm always hungry and that has been ongoing since a week after surgery. I can ignore it which I often do, because anything solid makes me feel sick and in pain. The only relief I feel is when I get it out. I still can't eat anymore than one or two bites of anything, and salad is still not sitting. But.... There is a light at the end of this tunnel! Soup!! It is the only thing that not only stays down, it doesn't hurt! I am a huge fan of the bean and bacon Soup. It tastes great, and the Beans offer the much needed Protein we sometimes don't get. Also, I've found sticking my bottle of Water in the freezer for an hour forms some ice and makes it easier to drink. The cold feels pretty good on my pissy pouch! Also, I'd you are craving something green, I've found making any kind of greens ( I prefer mustard) and subbing the hocks with a smoked turkey leg and maybe a wing or two, gives you a healthy broth and some protien. Really taste wonderful as well. Good luck. It's all about learning and we are all doing it together.