Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girly Question ......birth Control Choice?

I'm torn between the mini pill, depo shot, and my Obgyns recommendation of Mirana IUD? Has anyone tried any of these and any good or bad experiences? Thanks =)

I have a Merina iud for 6 years now. I LOVE it!

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

I had the depo shot before WLS and it made my hair shed really bad but it was better than taking daily pills. Good question! I'm looking for something too - very scared of the thought of a IUD type of device.

I was afraid of the IUD myself. The horror stories out there can be very scary. However, I hated the pill, and the shots made every single person I knew a mad crazy $ch so I decided to try it out. It took about 4 months for my body to completely adjust. During the adjustment my periods got lighter both flow and cramping. Now, I have no period almost ever, maybe a spot here or there. No crazy hormones making me nuts, no forgetting a pill, my guy never knew it was there till I told him, and when I had it changed out in January, it was an easy 20 min appointment. Best thing now is I don't have to worry about my surgery reducing it's effectiveness. I highly recommend it to everyone, many people I know have switched over to it and love it.

I'm afraid of depo bc of weight gain and the pill makes me sick. I've done nuva ring with success in the past. It's easier than it seems!

I had the IUD for 5 years just had it taken out....I didn't have any problems with it matter of fact I loved it because I never had a period!! The dr put me on the mini pill til my IUD gets approved but I decided tonight I'm just not allowing myself to have sex until I get my IUD because the pill is making me feel like dog crap lol! I keep feeling sick and having bad headaches!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Years before surgery I had only tried Depo. I really didn't care about the weight gain, now I do...lol. So I think I've pretty much ruled that one out. My doctor gave me the mini pill to try but she said she had little faith in it and really recommends that Mirena IUD. I'm just so scared of having something implanted. But it would be worse if the mini pill was ineffective...lol! I am such a baby when it comes to pain, but I have to ask......did the actual placement of the device hurt? Can you feel it everyday? Is it uncomfortable? What about the side effects? It says possible hair loss....lol....=0 .....more loss? Ugh! Did that happen to anyone?

I have the mirena iud. It's messed with my body quite a bit, it took me a good year to fill adjust but I'm 2.5 yrs in and I'm good and I love it. But that first year I debated have it removed!! It caused me to spot so much, which blood is very acidic causing a change in your vagina environment lol which causes an over growth of bad bacteria causing bacterial vaginosis. But once my body adjusted it was fine. Having it put in was a little uncomfortable but most people I know didn't have the issues I has with it.

Having it put in is uncomfortable, but am a huge wussy. I cry when I get a paper cut, and I was able to handle it. I had cramps the rest of the day but I was fine the next day. Way less pain than 9 months of pregnancy, 53 hours of labor and a C section for sure. Once it's in, I have not felt it at all.

I have had the mirena in for 3 years and I love it. The only side effect is no period and to me that's a perk.

I am on depo love it!! I transported patients with iud and have had it rip through utern wall a few times I won't get it! But some ppl have no problems I won't do pill bc first off its everyday u take enough everyday. And second if u take antibiotic then that can mess it up. Depo u go to dr every 3 months and get a shot or dr can prescribe the needle for u to do it urself if comfortable. Hope this helps!

Years before surgery I had only tried Depo. I really didn't care about the weight gain' date=' now I do...lol. So I think I've pretty much ruled that one out. My doctor gave me the mini pill to try but she said she had little faith in it and really recommends that Mirena IUD. I'm just so scared of having something implanted. But it would be worse if the mini pill was ineffective...lol! I am such a baby when it comes to pain, but I have to ask......did the actual placement of the device hurt? Can you feel it everyday? Is it uncomfortable? What about the side effects? It says possible hair loss....lol....=0 .....more loss? Ugh! Did that happen to anyone?[/quote']

Yeah from what I know it's basically ineffective because of our surgery so it's basically doing nothing at all!

Years before surgery I had only tried Depo. I really didn't care about the weight gain' date=' now I do...lol. So I think I've pretty much ruled that one out. My doctor gave me the mini pill to try but she said she had little faith in it and really recommends that Mirena IUD. I'm just so scared of having something implanted. But it would be worse if the mini pill was ineffective...lol! I am such a baby when it comes to pain, but I have to ask......did the actual placement of the device hurt? Can you feel it everyday? Is it uncomfortable? What about the side effects? It says possible hair loss....lol....=0 .....more loss? Ugh! Did that happen to anyone?[/quote']

The placement of the device doesn't really hurt, I had mine put in without being on my period which I heard is supposed to hurt worse than when your on your period, that's when they typically do it! I had some cramping but nothing more than you get with a period! I didn't even know mine was there so the answer to that is no cant feel it! I haven't had any side effects either not even hair loss!

Depo is what made me become obese! I did depo for a year the last 3 months of that year I was on it I gained 80 lbs and wasn't able to get it off no matter what then with each pregnancy I gained more and was unable to get that off either! It really messed up my metabolism before the depo shot I was 110 after a year I was 199!

I have the iud and love it. If u have had a rny and take the pill just b careful cause studys r coming out now with woman that take the pill and have had a rny they r getting pregnant shortly after there bypass cause they have gotten rid of the first half of the intestine where all of the absorption is done. I knw 3 woman that they used the pill as there only form of birth control. One got pregnant 7mon after the other one 6mon and the last 10mon. So if u chose 2 use it as ur only form u might also want 2 use something a

Else ith the pill.