Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3Rd Day Home:) Post Op Appt 2Morrow Am!

HEllo everone!!!

2day is my 3rd day home! I have been well. I am still on my Clear liquids. My hubby and family/friends that come and visit have been very supportive. I am able to have homemade broth, sugar free jell-0, gatorade, and apple juice.

My bowels started returning When Igot home Saturday. As expected,they were loose and dark. I swear I spent more time in the bathrooom that night! I got a call from the nurses to ask how things are going. It was good to know they were concerned and helpful. I mentioned the whole loose stools and they asked what I was drinking. after I explained I felt it was the apple juice, they told me I might have been experiencing my first "dumping syndrome" even though my apple juice is 100% fruit juice it still contains high natural sugars. I was told to try and dilute it 50/50 with Water. SO far this has helped.

Pain management is going well :) I walk at least 5 min 3 times a day. Somedays I feel a litte more pain and other days I feel good. I have my post op tomorrow, I am anxious to know if and what I have lost since surgery and what amount was water wieght. I will then be able to move up to the full liquids. I will be able to have my yogurt again! Cream of wheat, shakes! I will do this for 3 days. Then By friday I should be able to start on my pureed! I cant wait, I have so many recipes i mind I have found on various bariatric sites! I know the food might not look so pleasant but At least it would have the taste of real foods again:)

I still cant believe my waiting and surgery are now over! Let the weight lost begin :D

DOes anyone know where I can make a weight lost tracker?????? THanks!!!!! ;)

HEllo everone!!!

2day is my 3rd day home! I have been well. I am still on my Clear Liquids. My hubby and family/friends that come and visit have been very supportive. I am able to have homemade broth' date=' sugar free jell-0, gatorade, and apple juice.

My bowels started returning When Igot home Saturday. As expected,they were loose and dark. I swear I spent more time in the bathrooom that night! I got a call from the nurses to ask how things are going. It was good to know they were concerned and helpful. I mentioned the whole loose stools and they asked what I was drinking. after I explained I felt it was the apple juice, they told me I might have been experiencing my first "dumping syndrome" even though my apple juice is 100% fruit juice it still contains high natural sugars. I was told to try and dilute it 50/50 with Water. SO far this has helped.

Pain management is going well :) I walk at least 5 min 3 times a day. Somedays I feel a litte more pain and other days I feel good. I have my post op tomorrow, I am anxious to know if and what I have lost since surgery and what amount was Water wieght. I will then be able to move up to the full liquids. I will be able to have my yogurt again! Cream of wheat, shakes! I will do this for 3 days. Then By friday I should be able to start on my pureed! I cant wait, I have so many recipes i mind I have found on various bariatric sites! I know the food might not look so pleasant but At least it would have the taste of real foods again:)

I still cant believe my waiting and surgery are now over! Let the weight lost begin :D

DOes anyone know where I can make a weight lost tracker?????? THanks!!!!! ;)[/quote']

Hi I will be 6 yrs out in October. I have lost about 120 lbs. and have kept it off Thank God!!! There is a free tracker called Fitday.com. It has all kinds of tracking. Wt loss, food, and exercise.

niece, thanks!!!!! congrats!!!!!