Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I bit the bullet and went to the ER today. I went out driving on Wednesday. I had been pretty pain free. By the time I got home I was in horrid pain. Each day the pain got a little worse. Today it was ridiculous. Burning pain in the upper left quadrant of my abdomen. Stabbing/burning pain in my left flank. Woke up with a temp of 99 when my norm is 97.2-97.4. I thought I might have a kidney infection or kidney stones.

All my blood work and my CT came back normal. No signs of infection, abscess, surgical leaking, etc. It's all muscular they tell me. Believe me, I thank God for that. But how the heck am I supposed to live through this. I feel like I'm whining. The pain was much better and now it's almost the worst its ever been. I don't know what to do. I walk! I'm trying to be active! But I'm not comfortable unless I'm laying flat or standing tall and straight!! Ugh, any suggestions?

I'm so sorry you're feeling so awful :( if it's muscle maybe there's something your doctor can give you like a relaxer? I'm not really sure... Id call him though

<3 I hope you feel better!!

Hope you feel better soon

Cant they give you a muscle relaxer or something. You should not be allowed to be in that much pain. Your body does not heal if it is in pain. I would call and DEMAND something for the pain.

I'm headed to my family doctor in an hour. I'm asking for vicodin, toradol and a muscle relaxer. She's pretty good about giving me what I ask for. If she says no my surgeons nurse said to call back cause he'll write for more narcs and mobic.

Hope u feel better soon. But the weried part is i woke up this morning and i was fine ate Breakfast then went for a walk. Then i sat down went to get up and got a sharp stabbing pain on my left side of stomach. Called dr but he is out......so got some rn that told me pick up pain medicine take it as needed and in two days come in if it isn't better. I have no fever not throwing up and still getting fluids and Protein in. So hopefully it is a pulled muscle like the rn thinks. But wow am i in pain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

That's what mine is like in the front. Sharp burning stabbing pain. Very pinpoint. Feels like I'm being repeatedly stung...... Went to my family doc. She gave me everything I wanted. Love, love, love her:) The Mobic is kicking butt so far. Haven't even taken the vicodin or muscle relaxer:)

It is so weried ....how do we pull a muscle there??? Well the pain meds help but i took them and then went night night woke back up in pain took some more just waiting for it to kick in. I am lucky all three kids have summer school or i would have to find someone to watch them if all i am going to do is sleep.

mobic is an nsaid....please be careful, were not supposed to take them as they cause ulcers...ulcers = more pain:-( i hope u feel better

Feel better soon

So I bit the bullet and went to the ER today. I went out driving on Wednesday. I had been pretty pain free. By the time I got home I was in horrid pain. Each day the pain got a little worse. Today it was ridiculous. Burning pain in the upper left quadrant of my abdomen. Stabbing/burning pain in my left flank. Woke up with a temp of 99 when my norm is 97.2-97.4. I thought I might have a kidney infection or kidney stones.

All my blood work and my CT came back normal. No signs of infection' date=' abscess, surgical leaking, etc. It's all muscular they tell me. Believe me, I thank God for that. But how the heck am I supposed to live through this. I feel like I'm whining. The pain was much better and now it's almost the worst its ever been. I don't know what to do. I walk! I'm trying to be active! But I'm not comfortable unless I'm laying flat or standing tall and straight!! Ugh, any suggestions?[/quote']

I hope you feel better! Hugs!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

mobic is an nsaid....please be careful' date=' were not supposed to take them as they cause ulcers...ulcers = more pain:-( i hope u feel better[/quote']

My surgeon specifically told me to ask my family doctor for Mobic. I was doing much better this morning. Then I drove. Why is it that driving sucks so bad. It hurts me!!

Do u have a vehicle u have to climb into or is it low to the ground? Or is it the motion of steering?

What about massage therapy. Massaging the muscle helps waaay more than any pain reliever. The muscle may have a knot or kink or something. Possibly even try rubbing it with a muscle rub yourself...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk