Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Know You Could Die Right?

Yup even 4 years post op I still hear people talk with their ignorance. Unfortunately you can not change people or their way of thinking. BUT you can change your thinking for yourself. Of surgery is what you want then go for it, I did! I honestly didn't tell anyone in my family other than my parents, brothers and a very select few aunts that I was having RNY. I knew I wanted this for ME and I knew the first few months were gonna be tough and that the negative feedback was something I did NOT NEED. So that's how I kept it away until I was ready to tell my family and friends. Over the the years I learned you can never change ignorance.

I am a cheerleader so I have a lot of bone mass . I have always worn a 15/16 but when I gained weight I would wear a size 18 but they were kind of big . I'm really solid and have never had a lot of stomach ! Just thighs and booty ! I have big arms but they are the right size since u lift girls for a living .... But honestly.

Everyone carries their weight differently. Actually when I did weigh 190' date=' I wore at 13/14 ! So I guess everyone is different ![/quote']

Easy there booty!! Lol

Hey I'm "technically" in the Fresno area! I'm in Merced but had my surgery at the Fresno Heart and Surgical Center!

Hey!! I'm same hospital!!! Are you going through ALSA?

Hey!! I'm same hospital!!! Are you going through ALSA?

Yes I went through ALSA!! Dr. Ghassi did my surgery. Great surgeons and great facility but a few of the nurses were no bueno! I was readmitted after one day back home and didn't get any of my meds for a full day. I'm not a squeaky wheel so I got left behind.

ugggh people suck! Keep ur chin up! Soon enough' date=' you'll be thin and they will still be stupid.[/quote']

Love thAt!

Yes I went through ALSA!! Dr. Ghassi did my surgery. Great surgeons and great facility but a few of the nurses were no bueno! I was readmitted after one day back home and didn't get any of my meds for a full day. I'm not a squeaky wheel so I got left behind.

I am in Fresno and also used Dr. Ghiassi! Small world!! I'm about 7 weeks post op, surgery was 6/7.

I am in Fresno and also used Dr. Ghiassi! Small world!! I'm about 7 weeks post op' date=' surgery was 6/7.[/quote']

Saber was awesome!! Not to mention he has an awesome first name! Lol

God before anything, Family before anyone, Home before anywhere. Priority..

Saber was awesome!! Not to mention he has an awesome first name! Lol

God before anything, Family before anyone, Home before anywhere. Priority..

Too true! I go for my 8 week post op appointment tomorrow. I wonder what they will say. I still do not look forward to dr appointments even now. Which is weird cause I know they will have nothing but positive to say to me, but I guess that comes from too many appointments when the doctors were so stinking negative,

Yeah I'm only 235 and I wear a 20/22

I wore a 22 at 265. Most of the weight was / is in my stomach and breast which is top of my body. Now that I'm losing weight, my stomach is smaller but you can't really sed it how you can in other people. :(

ugggh people suck! Keep ur chin up! Soon enough' date=' you'll be thin and they will still be stupid.[/quote']

This says it all !!! Kudos !!

OMG! If I have to hear that one more time I'm going to go chuck Norris on someone! I have heard every bad experience anyone has ever had' date=' along with why dont you do it the hard way and work out and diet. Obviously people don't realize how hard it is to get 240lbs (5'5) moving on a elliptical machine. Oh not to mention I donate to the gym every month right now. But a little info on me, since I just joined this site is that I am 23 yrs old, single mother to one beautiful 2 1/2 yr old. I weigh 240 and I am 5'5, currently wearing a size 22 pants. I have attended my seminar and I am scheduled next Wednesday for my initial consultation appointment. Found this app hoping to talk to other people who are starting their journey and read others success stories![/quote']

That's where I am right now, 22 yrs old, 300lbs, 4 and half year old son. I have an exercise bike but I can barely even pedal it because of my weight. I had my consult 2 days ago and they are submitting to insurance now. My boyfriend of 4 years is against the surgery because he's witnessed firsthand his mom dieting and exercising down 100lbs so he thinks I haven't tried hard enough. He doesn't see that it took her 30 years of off and on again dieting to get there and I don't want to waste half my life waiting to fail enough times to get the surgery to help me start really living my life. I'm young and there are so many things I could be doing but can't because my weight Is holding me back.

That's where I am right now' date=' 22 yrs old, 300lbs, 4 and half year old son. I have an exercise bike but I can barely even pedal it because of my weight. I had my consult 2 days ago and they are submitting to insurance now. My boyfriend of 4 years is against the surgery because he's witnessed firsthand his mom dieting and exercising down 100lbs so he thinks I haven't tried hard enough. He doesn't see that it took her 30 years of off and on again dieting to get there and I don't want to waste half my life waiting to fail enough times to get the surgery to help me start really living my life. I'm young and there are so many things I could be doing but can't because my weight Is holding me back.[/quote']

Kloveburd, you cannot let anyone hold you back!! My husband keeps telling me "The Truth" versus supporting my decision to have surgery. We have yo do what's best for us...and for our kids. The men will fall in line soon enough. We are young (I'm 33), and time is in our favor. Our men need to remember that what worked for one isn't going to work for everyone. Kudos to you for having the courage to pursue the route you think is best for you!

Thank you! I don't want to miss out on this oppurtunity because someone told me not to buy they themselves aren't informed on the surgery. He will see the differences after the surgery and will hopefully come around to it. I just want the opportunity to lead a nice healthy thinner life like he does without having to have a million worries about my weight! Not too much to ask I think. We can do this with o without their support initially :)

Kloveburd, that's where I'm @ also! I'm 28, I've been called fat since I was 14. I have had so many people tear me down & tell me I'm taking the "easy" way out. (i swear, the people who say that need slapped!) I have wasted the past 10 years trying in gyms and on ball teams to get thin. I decided to have the surgery now while my kids are still young and they can remember me as the fun playful mom not the mom who can't get up because her hip hurts too bad (cracked my pelvis when I was 16)

Way to go for your decision and best of luck also!

New Life Started 07/24/12