Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Know You Could Die Right?

OMG! If I have to hear that one more time I'm going to go chuck Norris on someone! I have heard every bad experience anyone has ever had, along with why dont you do it the hard way and work out and diet. Obviously people don't realize how hard it is to get 240lbs (5'5) moving on a elliptical machine. Oh not to mention I donate to the gym every month right now. But a little info on me, since I just joined this site is that I am 23 yrs old, single mother to one beautiful 2 1/2 yr old. I weigh 240 and I am 5'5, currently wearing a size 22 pants. I have attended my seminar and I am scheduled next Wednesday for my initial consultation appointment. Found this app hoping to talk to other people who are starting their journey and read others success stories!

Take everthing you hear and read with a grain of salt. Read all believe nothing. And then do as your heart tells you. You are doing the right thing.

Research your doctor and your hospital get the facts learn take someone close to you for support if not for my wife and kids I would not be doing this.

And know that you are on the road to a better you for your little one that needs mommy . This forum has help me a lot and it will help you Good luck with your new journey

Thank you! I have been researching and educating my self for almost a year now. I am so ready! Hand picked my doctor and now I am just playing the waiting game!

Oh and btw anyone here from California!?

You are do just fine Education is the answer. And the waiting part is the hardest part I'm 39 days from surgery and everyday is a week. But as they say who ever they are say all good thing take time. This forum and everybody on it are here for you just ask

From Fresno. Ca here- best of luck and welcome

I'm in the Bay Area. Welcome!

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

I myself went into this 2 years ago. I was at 270 pounds. Lost some weight on my own but 6 months ago decided to have surgery. People will always say what they want. This is YOUR decision- no one elses. Surgery was Thursday and went in at 219.3. My only regret this far is nor doing it sooner! Congrats on your decision, only you can make it for yourself.

I am 25. 5'2" and weight 250. I have my first appt with my surgeon on the 27th. I also have dealt with people putting me down for not "doing it the hard way". I also have friends who have been through the surgery and have never been happier! I have a very active 5 yr old boy. Hoping the surgery will help my PCOS.

Omg!!! I'm in the Fresno area too!!!! Who's Your doctor??? I'm going through ALSA with dr Boone

Thank you guys for the support! I am doing this for myself and my son. I want so badly to be healthy. I'm so excited to see people from Fresno! I live in Hanford but will be having my surgery in Fresno

I went through ALSA as well but my Dr was Ghiassi . I know there are a few of us on here who used ALSA what a small world. I live in Fresno and work I'm Coalinga. Welcome!!

I'm from Hanford ca. And my Dr.is Dr.Parvez in Fresno he is really good!!

ugggh people suck! Keep ur chin up! Soon enough, you'll be thin and they will still be stupid.