Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This isn't about sweets but it is about food mourning.

Last night my fiancé and I went to Lucille's BBQ. It's one of his favorite places and if you haven't been there, it's phenomenal! He had been pouting all week since I had to work on fathers day and we didn't get a chance to go out.

I was very good and just had a couple small slices of tri-tip (no sauce) and a few bites of mashed potatoes. But that's not the story I want to tell.....

The place was packed. As I looked around, I realized that nearly every table had at least one person sitting at it that was obviously morbidly obese and they were literally gorging themselves.

I had so many mixed emotions.

At first I felt bad that I could not eat like they were. The food is so delicious and lets face it, you go to a place like that to eat till you're about to burst.

I also felt bad for them. I wanted to go to every single table and tell them they didn't have to live like that and there was help for them.

Lastly, and what I am so absolutely ashamed of, I was actually sickened by what they were doing to themselves. After all, just two months ago I was one of those morbidly obese people shoveling huge quantities if food in my belly.

I have never and WILL NEVER be one of those people that will judge someone on their appearance or weight, however, I just couldn't stop myself from feeling disgusted.

I suppose it made me realize just how lucky I am that I had the courage and the means to have this surgery. It made me realize that feeling healthy is so much more fulfilling than eating a huge delicious meal.

I'm looking forward to losing more weight and feeling better every day. It's a wonderful feeling to wake up every day and feel even a tiny bit thinner than the day before. I used to wake up because I was in pain. Literally, I didn't even need an alarm clock! Now I wake up laying flat on my back (something I could never do before) and I have to feel my tummy to make sure it really is smaller and it hadn't all been a wonderful dream.

Instead of missing youre birthday cake, Celebrate yourself! You are a beautiful woman and now you will be healthy and beautiful too!

There is nothing worth celebrating more than being healthy.

Wow Jen! That was a great story! I appreciate u for the encouraging words. Thank u for the compliments and yes I will be so happy that the weight is falling off instead of gorging food like I used to also. It is true everyone that has this surgery will be faced with food mourning and it's all in how u look at it. I am happy that there are options for my birthday cake(sugar free) and whats funny....that's the only time I eat cake all yr!! And I'm a crying baby over it! Ha! Thanks for all the comments guys, I truly feel better and the count down begins! ☺☺????????

Yoylyann,

No there is no milk I can drink but I'm ok with that I dnt really miss it .

Yoylyann' date='

No there is no milk I can drink but I'm ok with that I dnt really miss it .[/quote']

Yeah i would not miss it ether. I hate milk, or any kind of dairy

I'm not a fan of sweets even for birthdays but my 4 year old find it strange that I'm not eating chips with her. She's like mommy you want some & I say no thankyou & she would day is it because you have boo boo in your tummy. I day yes. This part makes me sad because she doesn't know anything & we always have chips together.

Where did she find them?

The commissary on base here, we don't always have it but she swears by it and stocks up when she sees it. I'm assuming the shops in states have it everywhere it takes awhile for us to get new stuff over here. Next time I go I'll take pic of boxes so you guys can see what it looks like.

surgery date: 2/18/2012

This is the stuff my friend buys she loves it.

surgery date: 2/18/2012

post-17867-13813809740825_thumb.jpg

Wow thanks so much Michelle! I so appreciate it! I was talking to hubby about these weird feelings and he was like he would rather be healthy than be sad about cake. I understand but it's more about the feelings associated with just having it for my bday. I can't wait to find this and try it out! Thanks friend!!

This isn't about sweets but it is about food mourning.

Last night my fiancé and I went to Lucille's BBQ. It's one of his favorite places and if you haven't been there' date=' it's phenomenal! He had been pouting all week since I had to work on fathers day and we didn't get a chance to go out.

I was very good and just had a couple small slices of tri-tip (no sauce) and a few bites of mashed potatoes. But that's not the story I want to tell.....

The place was packed. As I looked around, I realized that nearly every table had at least one person sitting at it that was obviously morbidly obese and they were literally gorging themselves.

I had so many mixed emotions.

At first I felt bad that I could not eat like they were. The food is so delicious and lets face it, you go to a place like that to eat till you're about to burst.

I also felt bad for them. I wanted to go to every single table and tell them they didn't have to live like that and there was help for them.

Lastly, and what I am so absolutely ashamed of, I was actually sickened by what they were doing to themselves. After all, just two months ago I was one of those morbidly obese people shoveling huge quantities if food in my belly.

I have never and WILL NEVER be one of those people that will judge someone on their appearance or weight, however, I just couldn't stop myself from feeling disgusted.

I suppose it made me realize just how lucky I am that I had the courage and the means to have this surgery. It made me realize that feeling healthy is so much more fulfilling than eating a huge delicious meal.

I'm looking forward to losing more weight and feeling better every day. It's a wonderful feeling to wake up every day and feel even a tiny bit thinner than the day before. I used to wake up because I was in pain. Literally, I didn't even need an alarm clock! Now I wake up laying flat on my back (something I could never do before) and I have to feel my tummy to make sure it really is smaller and it hadn't all been a wonderful dream.

Instead of missing youre birthday cake, Celebrate yourself! You are a beautiful woman and now you will be healthy and beautiful too!

There is nothing worth celebrating more than being healthy.[/quote']

Wow thank you so much for writing that. Really appreciate your honesty. It helps me feel positive about what's ahead, I'm incredibly nervous.

We were all incredibly nervous. That's totally normal. Your life will definitely change and it will be challenging at first. I will be 9 weeks post-op tomorrow and every day is still a learning experience. I will never regret having my surgery. It was the best decision I ever made.

Wal mart!!!!

[ATTACH]370[/ATTACH]

post-14157-13813809774576_thumb.png