Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just cried... Seriously.....I was looking on the Internet and ran across a pic of a birthday cake on a bariatric blog. She was like well no more cake on my birthday. I didn't think this would have a tear pop out of my eye...I am the only child and I have always had cake on my birthday..(I remember crying as an adult because I didn't have cake on the actual day) silly I kno. But when u r so used to something sometimes u have to let it go if it's not good for u. Anyone go thru this or have an alternative my bday is in sept so I guess I'm just thinking in advance...hey maybe I'll buy me a cute outfit for my bday in my newer size...that's a start....thanks guys....a little vent..;)

I hear you.... I was a big diet soda lover and of course you can't drink any carbonated beverages after RNY. I do miss it but feel so good not being dependent upon the soda fixt anymore.

I feel the same as you so I have one thing to raise your hopes perhaps...pilsbury makes sugar free cake and icing (sweetened with Splenda). Definitely something you wouldn't want to eat every day as it's empty calories but a way that you can still have cake on your special day!! Hope this cheers you up a bit. I have been doing a lot of food mourning lately so I totally get it!!

Don't give up. Some people are able to tolerate VERY small amounts of sugar. True you won't be able to have a whole cake. Maybe you can have a mini cupcake. Well, a bite of one at least. Or maybe something made with Splenda.

I know some of you talk about missing the sweet eats, but trust me when I say the thought of sweet things will fly right out the window when you buy something new that hot & sexy. You will become addicted to looking sexy. I know I did, I love looking SEXY!!!! :)

Phenomenal Woman Aka Bosslady using RNYTalk

I know some of you talk about missing the sweet eats, but trust me when I say the thought of sweet things will fly right out the window when you buy something new that hot & sexy. You will become addicted to looking sexy. I know I did, I love looking SEXY!!!! :)

Phenomenal Woman Aka Bosslady using RNYTalk

I feel ya. I work part time at a clothing store that sells plus and regular sizes. I HATE it when something comes in on their side that I want and can't have.......but give me about two months!!!! lol

I hate how certain foods are so closely tied to emotions. I'm gonna miss my bday cake too, but hopefully our weight losses will overcome the cake pull. :) Best of luck!

Thanks y'all are so sweet. I feel like a big kid but I'm glad u understand. Gosh...food mourning that's exactly what this is called!! I was gonna look for a sugar free recipe for a cake so that really does make me feel better. Thanks. Oh yea a new wardrobe sounds soooo much better than a slice of good cake! Yay for us! I'm gonna kick this food mourning to the curb....

I know how you feel. The other day i had a fatty moment and cried to my husband and asked him, do you think we will miss all of our favorite things. I could not believe how emotional the thought of missing food made me. Im sure after surgery we will realize what we loved and made us feel better, wasn't so good for us. Cuz oh boy do i love my food :( im hoping when i break up with my lover (food) that it wont stock me LoL

One of the lady's I met here threw surgery has the Philsbury sugar free cakes and icing she even found a brownie mix. Me personally I think if I started eating that stuff again it would be a gateway drug and I'd eat more and more sweets. I am terrified to mess this up and put all this hard work to shame. So I have a chocolate mousse made by Jello temptations it's fat free and sugar free 60 calories and it's premeasured cups if I'm feeling super bad I add a table spoon of fat free cool whip on top. That's my sweet treat if I need it. I love to bake and I still bake for family and friends I just remind myself that I don't need those things anymore. Don't worry we all have a good cry, food was a big part in our lives. I love food but I'm not gonna let it control me anymore I'm in charge!

Yes true it's very hard to give up things like that , but believe me speaking from experieance I would have a lil sweets thinking it was ok and not even 5 minutes later I was in the bathroom

Throwing up so I learned the hard way but I can't even eat a healthy Cereal with non fat milk because it makes me so sick even milk by itself will send me running to the bathroom lol

Yes true it's very hard to give up things like that ' date=' but believe me speaking from experieance I would have a lil sweets thinking it was ok and not even 5 minutes later I was in the bathroom

Throwing up so I learned the hard way but I can't even eat a healthy cereal with non fat milk because it makes me so sick even milk by itself will send me running to the bathroom lol[/quote']

Wow is there any milk you CAN drink?

My doctor said skim or 1% milk is ok but some people can't handle milk after

One of the lady's I met here threw surgery has the Philsbury sugar free cakes and icing she even found a brownie mix. Me personally I think if I started eating that stuff again it would be a gateway drug and I'd eat more and more sweets. I am terrified to mess this up and put all this hard work to shame. So I have a chocolate mousse made by Jello temptations it's fat free and sugar free 60 calories and it's premeasured cups if I'm feeling super bad I add a table spoon of fat free cool whip on top. That's my sweet treat if I need it. I love to bake and I still bake for family and friends I just remind myself that I don't need those things anymore. Don't worry we all have a good cry' date=' food was a big part in our lives. I love food but I'm not gonna let it control me anymore I'm in charge![/quote']

Where did she find them?

Yes true it's very hard to give up things like that ' date=' but believe me speaking from experieance I would have a lil sweets thinking it was ok and not even 5 minutes later I was in the bathroom

Throwing up so I learned the hard way but I can't even eat a healthy cereal with non fat milk because it makes me so sick even milk by itself will send me running to the bathroom lol[/quote']

Have u tried lactose free milk?