Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded On Wednesday

Hi everyone,

I just got banded on Wednesday and I'm still feeling weak today. Is this normal? I haven't taken any pain medication in 24 hours but I extremely lightheaded. Any suggestions? I want to hear all of your advice and suggestions. This is like a whole new beginning for me!

yes, yes===it's very normal--it's only FRIDAY--please DO take your pain medication--that's what it's there for--it will make you feel MUCH better. drink an Optifast shake or slimfast--you need protein--that may be why you're lightheaded. or--if you usually drink coffee--and you're not drinking it now--you might have a caffeine withdrawal headache. try some diet iced tea.

but take the pain medication--you're only on the 2nd day after surgery! make yourself comfortable--Better Living Through Medicine--that's my motto!

best wishes,

girlin

nyc

Yes it is totally normal. I was super dizzy for about a week. I agree, if you can get some Protein down and sips, you should do it. I wasn't able to get anything down other than tiny little sips of fluids. For about two weeks I was starving and everything felt too thick. Try some tasty Protein Drink or maybe you should start with the multi-vitamins as well. Good luck!

Lots of Luv- Alice

Banded 12/20/06

Dr. Huacuz- Tijuana, Mexico

weight.png

the first few days i lived on apple juice and chick broth. Take your pain pills to stay ahead of the pain. Surgery is serious business take it easy and rest. Keep drinking your fluids. Keep us posted

Thanks for all of your replies. I feel so much better today! A little soreness and bruising, but, no more lightheadedness. Yesterday was also a good day. In fact, I'm going back to work tomorrow. According to my Dr., I can now have a soft foods diet which includes fish and cooked vegetables. I had a very small portion and so far...GREAT! I was able to be very full and satisfied on a small amount. I hope it isn't bad that I'm already able to eat with no trouble. Alot of you sound as if you survived on liquids for quite awhile. Any idea why my Dr. switches his patients to a soft diet so soon after surgery?

My doctor also allows soft foods much sooner than some from what I have seen on the boards. I did not have any problems swithching to soft foods that early though. I was only on liquids for about 5 days, then eating soft foods for about 10 days, then trying regular food. I have been able to eat anything I have tried without any problems--no pbing, no vomiting, nothing. In fact, I can't believe how easy this has all been! The only thing I haven't tried is bread(except for a half of a grilled cheese sandwich, but that was pretty crispy) Regular bread kinda scares me! But otherwise, I can eat steak, chicken, pork, pretty much anything, just in much smaller quantities! On my soft phase, I was eating scrambled egg beaters with cheese for Breakfast a lot, and never had a problem. I still eat that most days! Just try things in very small amounts--you will know right away if it is going to work for you or not! And as long as your doctor says it's okay, then go for it!!

Glad your feeling better. Just watch out for the quantites. That's what screwed me up. It can be really painful if you it too much.