Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Dec 26, 2006

I was recently banded on Dec 26, 2006. Since December 17th (pre-op liquid diet) I have lost 37 pounds. For the last week and a half I have not lost anything and teetering between 263 and 262. I am eating about 4 ounces of food at each meal, drinking 3 8z Protein drinks (fat free skim milk with 1/2 package Carnation Instant Breakfast) throughout the day. Is it normal to get where you do not lose any weight until the band is adjusted? My first adjustment is 2/21. Is it possible that I am losing inches and not weight? Every couple of days my clothes feel looser fitting? Can someone answer these questions for me? I am a new member here and have read a few threads and have learned a few new things about banding but wanted to get your input on my situation.

Thanks.

Kristi

Kristi...I just found your thread and wanted to let you know that I understand your confusion...I was banded on Dec. 28th and am starting to NOT lose...one day I weigh and have lost a pound or two, the next day, I have gained a pound of it back...I go for my first fill on Monday (Jan. 29) so I hope that I can begin to lose more then...

I would say you are fine........ but one thing I noticed on your eating is that you meals of milk and carnation instant Breakfast are pretty high carb... FOR ME... I am VERY carb sensitive, and my plan is to drink LowCarb Protein drinks... or Hood Low Carb Milk mixed with some protien.

Not saying this is what you should do, just an observation on my part.

I got banded on 12/20 and I have lost 17 lbs. I have had the same weight for about 2 weeks now. I get my first fill next week. I am sooooo looking forward to it because I think I will lose alot more weight. But I feel ya, one day up one day down. Its almost funny! Good luck!

Lots of Luv- Alice

Banded 12/20/06

Dr. Huacuz- Tijuana, Mexico

weight.png

I got banded on 12/20 and I have lost 17 lbs. I have had the same weight for about 2 weeks now. I get my first fill next week. I am sooooo looking forward to it because I think I will lose alot more weight. But I feel ya, one day up one day down. Its almost funny! Good luck!

Lots of Luv- Alice

Banded 12/20/06

Dr. Huacuz- Tijuana, Mexico

weight.png

Hello! I am going to be banded by Dr. Haucuz in a couple of weeks. Would really appreciate any and all info you could send my way! Thanks, Megret

Well my boyfriend was with me when I went and I was more worried about him keeping busy. Girl, I slapped him with some tylenol pm, so that I could just rest. They don't have dvd players to watch anything and the tv only has like three channels. I couldn't sleep at all because of the pressure and gas, so luckily my boyfriend had taken his player and a bunch of movies and all I did was watch movies for two days. Don't be afraid to ask for pain medication because it takes the edge off of the anxiety. I sure asked for it and was mellow the whole time. Also make sure you take your hygiene products, like soap and baby wipes some extra pj's cause it is really cold in those rooms. Good luck, send me a message if you want more tips!

I would say you are fine........ but one thing I noticed on your eating is that you meals of milk and carnation instant Breakfast are pretty high carb... FOR ME... I am VERY carb sensitive, and my plan is to drink LowCarb Protein drinks... or Hood Low Carb Milk mixed with some protien.

Not saying this is what you should do, just an observation on my part.

My doctor requires me to do the Instant Carnation Breakfast instead of the low carb drinks because he wants me to get my Protein from milk.