Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Difference between Dilated pouch and just needing a fill

I can not decide if I need to go on liquids because my pouch is possibly dilated or if I just need a fill! I don't have reflux anymore so I don't suspect the dilated pouch as much anymore... Just seems I am not satisfied on anything less than 1 cup of food (sometimes more) and that don't stay with me for more than 1 or 2 hours and that sounds like a fill is needed! So if you have had a dilated pouch please send me your advice. I don't really want to spend the money on a fluro exam. I haven't weighed in yet this month but according to my bathroom scale I may be up a couple of pounds this month! Thanks in advance for your advise.

PS I have 3.25 in a 10cc band.

I'm with you. I am scheduled for a fill on Monday. For the first time since surgery I have gained 2 pounds this month and am constantly hungry. The past 6 months I have never just been plain hungry until now and I am not staying full for very long. I sure hope I don't have trouble, hoping just need a fill. I've got 1.6cc in the 4cc band.

Answer honestly: Do you regularly eat more than a half cup a food at a time?

Do you ignore the feelings of being full and push past it?

Did you have good restriction and then suddenly you didn't or was it gradual?

If you eat past full, more than a half cup or so at a throw and suddenly lost restriction, you probably have a dialated pouch.

If would make good sense to see your dr anyway, tell him/her of your concern and see if they want to do an esophagram. That's how mine was diagnosed.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you just need a fill!!

I've seen several persons on here say they think they've got a dilated pouch lately. Maybe its due to all that holiday eating we did! I also think mine is dilated. In the last three to five days, I have noticed that my restriction all of a sudden reduced substantially, and I am able to eat a lot more. Other than that, I don't have any symptoms such as pbing, reflux, pain, etc. I feel great; and I still can't eat nearly as much as I did pre-surgery, but its noticable to me just the same.

I have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon in a little over two weeks, at which time I'll discuss it. In the meantime, I guess I'll try three days or so with liquids, then the same with soft food, all the while cutting back on portions and see how that works.

I haven't lost any weight since between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I guess I should have seen this coming. :phanvan

3.25 is pretty low for a 10cc band. I have seen other threads where some people don't get restriction until at least 4 cc. I would try and get a fill. Chances you have pouch dialation is minimal. It just sounds like you need a fill. Good luck.

Yea the nurse says it is time to adjust my band. But I do have to be a little honest here I do push past full sometimes when I eat about 1/2 cup of food. Depending on what it is. I have a weigh in on Tuesday. If I have a loss I will not go for a fill just yet. I am waiting till I gain to do that. If I am still losing just slower, I will just be patient. And if I start working out a little that might lose better. Just praying for SOME loss Tuesday! I will update then. Thanks guys I love all the advise and suggestions.