Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help...i Temptation Got The Best Of Me Today :(

I was was doing so good. I started my preop diet on Monday. I had a good routine in place because I was busy at work all week. I don't work weekends and yesterday and today were the hardest. I do all the cooking for my Hubby who is very active. I however not so much obviously if I'm getting surgery on Thursday. Long story short I cheated both yesterday and today. Yesterday was ok I took a few bites maybe 3 or 4 of my husbands Breakfast which was scrambled eggs with cheese. I had my shakes and drinks rest of day. Today however was worse. I had broth for Breakfast and later a shake. Around noon we went out to run errands. We ended up at chipotle :'( my weakness. I ended up ordering with him a steak burrito with the works. I was only suppose to eat very little the half of half the burrito... By the time I knew it I ate pretty much the whole thing....

I felt so so so GUILTY I WANTED TO CRY. I. JUST HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AFTER SURGERY. I GO BACK TO WORK THIS WEEK FOR 3DAYS SINCE MY SURGERY IS THIS THURSDAY.... WHAT SHOULD I DO? ANY ADVICE OR SUPPORT WILL HELP.

Don't worry about it. Just don't practice it. After surgery you will vomit if you cheat on liquid diet. I ate 1 cashew nuts & felt like I was dying. I don't want you to cheat,but if you cheat you will feel it. You feel like your dying. Your pouch hurts like a mother & when you vomit your in so much pain. You will regret taking a bite or anything. You might cheat now but when you have surgery it's really serious. This is no joke. I figure hey what's a cashew WRONG... If you wanna feel my pain cheat & then you will never cheat again. I learn MY LESSON BIG TIME!

THEN I DEFINITELY WILL NOT CHEAT. I FELT BAD TODAY THAT I EVEN FELT SICK TO MY STOMACH.... I FELT SO FULL AND I KNOW I DIDN'T PACE MYSELF .... I FOR SURE WILL STICK TO THESE 3DAYS OF PURE liquids I REALLY WANT MY SURGERY AND RECOVERY TO GO SMOOTHLY...

WHAT KIND OF SURGERY DID YOU HAVE? THIS THURS. MY SURGERY WILL BE THE LAPROSCOPIC RNY.... I'M GLAD IT WON'T BE OPEN...

And it's really not a question ....after surgery you just know that you can't eat that. I don't even want it! So you slipped a little now...I just wanted to point out that you will not want the same amounts or even the same foods!!

Thank u all for your wonderful advice.:)

I had the same surgery your having Thursday.

I had the same surgery your having Thursday.

How many days or weeks has it been since urs?

I had it done May 30th 2012

Loli - my surgery is the Thurs too - same procedure. I started pre- op diet a little early because I had a grad party sat and fathers day yesterday. Had a beer, sangria, and one plate of food Sat and some Chinese and a glass of wine last night. Fully back on track as of this morning though. My goal weight for the day of surgery is 371. I weighed Sat morning and was 370 so I'm confident that I will be all set for Thurs as long as I keep on plan. My pre-op diet is slimfast for bfast and lunch, hard boiled egg or cheese stick for Snacks, and a lean cuisine for dinner.< /p>

Don't feel bad about eating something its not worth you getting upset over. I was on no type of diet what so ever before surgery, just the day before my dr. told me to eat light and a laxative at 6 pm. After surgery like "mamiof3kids" said you will not be able to eat like that and if you try you will get really sick. You are not hungry at all !!!!