Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well as my surgery date approaches 8/15 i have yet to let anyone know that im going to be having gastric bypass. Of course my husband, and family knows. I haven't even posted it on Facebook. I just dont want people to judge me, or them think that im taking the " easy way out" because i know this is not the east way

home i actually think it might just be the hardest. The easy way is just not to do anything about this 320 lbs. I know im making the right decisionmaking and thats all that matters at this moment. I will tell everyone but just not now.

Is it weird that im not telling anyone, not even my friends?

I'm in the same boat. I'm proud of my decision but don't want to hear from the naysayers or critics. I've told immediate family and they have been super supportive. I don't know if that helps make you feel less weird but it is very valid. My surg is June21 - good luck!

Nope not weird at all!! You'll tell them when your ready! I myself could have cared less what other people think of me so I put it out there from the start!

Awww your almost on your way to the new you!!!! Congratulations

Nope not weird at all!! You'll tell them when your ready! I myself could have cared less what other people think of me so I put it out there from the start!

Your a brave one vamp lol

I was with you vamp I didn't broadcast it but u was open and honest about it. Most people were very supportive and still are. Once in a while you find people who aren't so supportive but u just say its a personal choice and not for everyone.

Your a brave one vamp lol

Yeah I used to dye my hair all kinds of crazy colors and no matter what I did it because that's me and that's what I wanted and I didn't care what people thought of me! I'm the same way now I have stretched ear lobes and tatts and idc if people think I'm trashy because of it or not lol I'm just me no one can change that! I live my life for me and not for anyone else! And personally I think girls/guys with stretched ears and tatts is hawt!!

LoL i used to have my hair all kinds of colors when i was in cosmotology school, but once i had my little guy it was way to hard to keep up with. Kind of miss those days lol

My husband, sister, mum and a handful of close friends know and that's it!! My dad and brother don't as they would not agree with my decision and would make it hard! My dad is an arse like that!! I will tell people in my own time!i don't wish to be judged just yet! I wish to settle in to me 1 st I know I have made the right choice! And stupid as it sounds I am looking forward to my surgery on the 22 of this month!!! Do it when your ready xcx

I only told my immediate family and my best friend..... my friends and co workers know my health has been up and down since my twins but i have never been the type of person to tell everyone my business. So they know i am out for a while but don't know why. Its up to u what and when u want to tell people.

I totally understand. Thanks guys :)

I totally understand. Thanks guys :)

I have only told my husband and best girl friend. Waiting for my date before I put in for 3 weeks off from work. I am so excited and I don't want to hear any negative comments.

I went to my first post op surgery support group last night. Everyone had so much worries about letting out the secrete of surgery. But basically I think as a group we all agreed that it is a very personal choice. This is x2 for me so I just feel so depressed watching people lie and fell guilty about it now. I am sure I change the subject a lot but I am also gay and have a rule if u ask me I tell the truth. I have been out the closest for too long to start not being honest.

I have only told my husband and best girl friend. Waiting for my date before I put in for 3 weeks off from work. I am so excited and I don't want to hear any negative comments.

Yup i dont feel like hearing any negative comments or seeing the look on their faces

Not weird at all.... I ask you "why do you even have to tell anyone?" I told my family and very close friends and my very close work friends but the rest of the people in my life I owe no explination what so ever, it your business and you tell who you want to tell. When people say "you lost weight" or "you look good - how much weight have you lost"? I say thanks and I'm on a diet & exercising. Thats it - please don't feel obligated to tell anyone anything. Surgery is not the easy way out as all of us post-op people know !!!