Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else had to deal with a jealous boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/lover?

My hubby is pretty supportive so far.. But gets in remarks of what will happen one I've lost all my weight.. But I also have a close friend who gets in her shots saying I can't be her drinking buddy anymore.. The next few months could be very interesting..

Yes me!!! My husband has always been jealous. I figure (I always felt low self esteem when I gain weight) hubby was still jealous. Idk why men weren't checking me out or anything but he claim they were & even said were u looking at him? I would have no idea what guy cuz I honestly have eyes for him. I check out guys when I'm alone driving but I have respect for my marriage so it's look but don't touch.

My hubby thinks he is going to tell me when and where I can go, who I can talk to, what I can wear, etc etc and is getting mad if I'm not spending all my time with him.....like seriously getting mad if I'm texting or talking on the phone or watching tv!! I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to take it!

His explanation to me was I was so hott he is worried someone is gonna take me away from him!

My reaction was the more you try to control me the more your pushing me away! I'm a human being not an animal or something that needs controlling!

Aww Vamp, this change happened all to quick. It's gonna take some getting use to for your husband too! He just has to trust you, and give you your own space.

Hang in there girlie! Be patient.

My hubby thinks he is going to tell me when and where I can go' date=' who I can talk to, what I can wear, etc etc and is getting mad if I'm not spending all my time with him.....like seriously getting mad if I'm texting or talking on the phone or watching tv!! I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to take it!

His explanation to me was I was so hott he is worried someone is gonna take me away from him!

My reaction was the more you try to control me the more your pushing me away! I'm a human being not an animal or something that needs controlling![/quote']

I completely understand. Maybe he needs to deal with his issues. You dealt with yours. Hope everything gets better Vamp.

Thanks Sweet and Stephane! I understand he has to get used to the changes and if it were the other way around u would be jealous too but it's just crazy to think that he would think someone would find me attractive because I feel that I'm far from attractive......although it is fun to flirt with the guys on the forum lol!!!

I'm thinking it's also due to the fact that he knows I am a flirt too! I used to flirt with everyone when I was skinnier before and I think he's scared I'm going to be that way again and quite frankly I'm scared of that myself but I know flirting is harmless as long as it doesn't turn into anything else other than just harmless flirting!

Vamp you're looking really good' date=' he's getting worried .[/quote']

Aww John! :) I'm blushing! Thanks!

Sorry to hear your husband is having issues. Maybe just explain to him that you are still the same person and you're with him because you CHOOSE to be. This process is hard for our partners. My husband worries about my health, but none the less they do go through a lot too. Hang in there honey.

Has anyone else had to deal with a jealous boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/lover?

Yes!!!! My hubby and I became statistics and got divorced after my surgery. He became so insecure that he became unfaithful in order to make himself feel more needed/important/worthy....whatever you want to call it(years of therapy later!) They get used to us being heavy and not getting looked at; then all the sudden they have to deal with our pretty faces having pretty bodies to match! After trying to convince me for years that our marital problems were because of my weight, I found out it weight had nothing to do with it! If there are any cracks in your relationship right now they will become worse if your not careful. This is why our post-op divorce rates are so high, especially since our self esteems are soaring and their jealousy and insecurities get worse. I'm not putting this personal info out there to be negative! I'm putting it out there so you can know what to look for and NOT be a statistic!

Mind you, I'm almost twelve years post op now....we reconciled a few years ago and guess what....he's still jealous! But in a better way! More of the "look all you want but she's going home with me" way!!! It's more pride than fear I guess.

Aww John! :) I'm blushing! Thanks!

Well Summer, I don't think flirting is an issue. Men think they know it all & can control it all. Just give him more sex that should keep him happy.

My hubby thinks he is going to tell me when and where I can go' date=' who I can talk to, what I can wear, etc etc and is getting mad if I'm not spending all my time with him.....like seriously getting mad if I'm texting or talking on the phone or watching tv!! I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to take it!

My reaction was the more you try to control me the more your pushing me away! I'm a human being not an animal or something that needs controlling![/quote']

My fiancé has become a little more insecure also. He gets mad if guys look at me but the funny thing is I never even notice when they look. I just keep reassuring him that I love him. I know it's a lot for him to get used to also. He had been supportive but I can tell he is feeling insecure. The more sex thing helps :-) you should try that lol. Maybe you and hubby need some more alone time to help with his insecurities. But I do understand your frustrations I get annoyed by it too!