Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all. I had my GB RNY 5/23/12. I think I am at a stall. Weight has been the same for about four days. Is this normal so early?

Yes it's very normal. I had surgery same day. Are you on puréed? If so do u feel satisfied? I don't!

Yes I am. And frankly I am satisfied. I'm just a lil a nervous about the weight loss. I'm doing what I'm suppose to do.

Hopeful- I had my surgery on May 21 and I am having the exact same fears that you are. I know that I need to stay off of the scales but I can't. I have made some posts asking the same question as you. Hopefully we'll get some response.

John, Toward the end of my pureed phase I was not satisfied. When I had my one week post-op apppointment I expressed my concern. I still haven't thrown up or found anything that I can't tolerate. And although I don't feel hungry, I feel empty. One scrambled egg was not enough!! But then I went on the soft diet. solid food makes me feel a whole lot fuller!! And the Dr also told me that I may find that one or two more bites of egg or whatever I am eating might be enough to make me feel stuffed. And the Dr was absolutely correct!! How much longer before you can progress to the soft stage?

I'm going to my first post appointment tomorrow . I think June 13th I can start soft food.< /p>

Stalls are something you just have to get used to. I stalled 3 weeks very early on and remember feeling like I was the one that would not lose after having this big surgery. I did learn to write down my weight and it was encouraging to see just how much you lose over time.

Hello all. I had my GB RNY 5/23/12. I think I am at a stall. Weight has been the same for about four days. Is this normal so early?

Hi I had my surgery 21/05 and I've been the same weight for almost 5 days and it's driving me positively batty. And today I have been having horrible hunger pangs :(

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thanks for all the replies. I'm feeling anxious I guess. Especially after seeing and reading how others lost so much so fast. Time is not a friend of mine right now. But I guess I must make friends with it soon or lose my mind over this.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm feeling anxious I guess. Especially after seeing and reading how others lost so much so fast. Time is not a friend of mine right now. But I guess I must make friends with it soon or lose my mind over this.

I'm in favour of trying what some people do when they stall, just try to eat a little more heavy than normal, which migh get our bodies into thinking starvation mode is over!

Are you measuring? I've lost inches big time

@tammy483

I'm not measuring. I got on the scale a few times and was disappointed.

You should try it, I've lost 7 inches on my hip and 6 on the waist since day 1. I even lost an inch and a half from my neck.

C'mon don't lose hope now, you've come a long way. Try to measure yourself out today and then compare a week later.

I had stalls at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 12 weeks was my biggest stall I didn't loose weight for about 6 weeks after that but when I did finally loose it was like bam and I've went from 188 to 168 in just a week

Like Tammy I hv found that my weight loss started again when I increased what I was eating just a little. Still keeping to allowed foods, and eating slowly so pouchie can cope without hurting.

So by eating more...4 small meals instead of 3 or Snacks?