Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Have Tricare?

I have my consult June 8th we have Tricare, any specific things they require before surgery will be approved?

I have Tricare Reserve Select South Region..... I am just in my 2nd month of weight loss. I dont think they require a lot of stuff to be done. Do you have other health issues too?

Yes I have high cholesterol with medication elevated sugar Migraines and menstrual issues and a strong family history of diabetes and heart disease.

maybe you wont have to do anything but the EGD as well. I had to do 3 months of weight loss and thats all..... hoping to have my surgery mid to late August!

I wonder if all Tricare insurances are the same....we have Tricare prime for active duty...I wonder if they would tell me if I called them. I'm just curious about requirements before....I heard of one lady where we are stationed and she had her surgery done and over from consult to finish in about 5 to 6 weeks...

I am sure they will tell you if you call! They are usually always nice when I call with questions. I had MANY when I was considering this path...and I called them and they werew very helpful as to what would be needed, required etc. I sure wish I could get mine completely finished in 5-6 weeks!! I'd be far to excited!!!

I have Tricare regular south. It was very easy. Approval was quick. I will have surgery on the 19th. Took about 2 1/2 months for everything.

Well that's good to know! We have Tricare south too....where are you guys?.....I talked to the nurse from the surgeons office and she said about 4 to 6 weeks from first appointment with them.

I have Tricare regular south. It was very easy. Approval was quick. I will have surgery on the 19th. Took about 2 1/2 months for everything.

Hello did you have to get everything approved before you where seen at the doctors office?I'm asking because I have Tricare south also, I am in Orlando Fl. Did u have to do a lot of the leg work yourself? I was asked to get 5 years of medical records and get the letter of necessity and send it to them although I signed a release of information.

Well that's good to know! We have Tricare south too....where are you guys?.....I talked to the nurse from the surgeons office and she said about 4 to 6 weeks from first appointment with them.

I hope I have the same luck 4 to 6 weeks will be great. I have Tricare South I'm in Orlando FL. Did Tricare approve your surgery or just your referral? So far all I have is a referral.

I only have my consult so far. I didn't have to get a ton of back records though. Just bloodwork, ELF and chest xray along with a seminar. I have my consult Friday with the surgeon. I'm in Louisiana.

EKG not elf

After my consult I had to go to all my Drs and get them to send in all medical records. That took about 2 weeks. Was approved right away. Then it took 2 weeks for the nutrician class. Then three more weeks to get back to see dr for set up visit. Then 4 weeks for preop tests and surgery. Waiting on each dr visit is what takes so long. My surgery is 6/19.

My husband is at Keesler Afb in MS. I'm having the surgery in Mobile Al. You?

I'm in Orlando FL still waiting on consult with surgeon. I know I'm not the only patient but I would at least like someone to keep me updated. Do you have to stay in Mobile for a week after surgery? I will have my surgery in St. Augustine FL about 1.5 hous away but they want me to stay in the area for a week. Just wondering if you have u have the same rules?