Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go to for a weigh in visit and psych eval tomorrow....I am little nervous too! Not sure what to expect! hope they dont say no cause they think i am crazy cause i'm fat!

Tomorrow is my psychiatric evaluation.. What should I expect?

I know there are differences between centers but mine was pretty standard. He was basically trying to figure out if I had an eating disorder like bingeing or purging, things that need to be worked out prior to surgery. He wanted my definition of what a binge was and how much food I would eat if I were bingeing.

He also wanted to know if I had a realistic goal weight in mind and had the mindset necessary to be able to handle the work involved to lose weight. Like if I knew that exercise is for life and that I could not resume my former eating habits.

I had a good appointment and he recommended mindful eating classes so that I would slow down and savor food post op.

Hope that helped.

Yup...Want to know why you want the surgery so they can make sure it's for the right reasons such as health, more mobility, less aches and pains etc vs because you want to get a boyfriend/girlfriend, become popular etc. They do make sure you don't have an eating disorder, want to make sure you realize it's a life long decision and they want you to know you can call on them for any questions you have afterwards. They help make sure you're in the best mindset for the surgery and have realistic goals. I really liked my therapist and only had to see her for two required visits. I had started seeing a therapist who deals with food issues outside of the bariatric center before I even started with them just to make sure I have the tools I need to make the right decisions eating wise and dealing with the head hungry issues. But then again I've gone the bariatric route before with my lapband so I knew already that I wanted to make sure I had the help with this more permanent change. My lapband had to be removed after it prolapsed really badly - I had already had it revised once before. So having gained almost all my weight back I knew I wanted the help to keep me on the right track after this surgery as well. It's been a great help. There are a lot of great books that help too. Good luck with your appointments :)

Be honest but don't say anything that sounds nuts like my hubby wants me skinny or my family. Everything is about you & wanting to be healthy.

I had lost 7.88 lbs and my psych eval went well....I passed! LOL. Now on to 2 more months of weight loss and meeting with program coordinator then here I come lossers bench!! I am getting so excited!!

jeanetteramirez2 hope yours went well too!!

Alright cuz therapist & nutritionist are the most important cuz no matter what your regular doctor says if they don't find you good in the head they deny you & you have to start all over again. It has happen to a few people on YouTube.

I had to take a written, multiple choice test, which was pretty ridiculous for me.....questions like "do you think you have enough friends?" and "do you like people?" Some of them I can't remember, but it was hard to answer just yes or no to. I passed my eval, but she wrote that I had "an unrealistically positive outlook". I laughed and got over it.

Just be honest.....and I know it's hard once I say this lol, but don't come in fidgety or nervous. Just answer the questions as best you can.....everyone has pretty much covered the topics.

I have mine tomorrow. I am not really nervous, I know it's going to be a lot of questions and your intentions and why you want it done? Don't be nervous. I am sure you will do just fine! :D