Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Kat: I gotta tell you that I can watch Sylvia Brown, claws and all, and hear what she says to various people and actually find myself boo-hooing. It's like she's talking to me, telling me that my Mom and Sister are out there somewhere and happy and doing fine, and wanting me to be okay. Maybe this explains her popularity.

It is a good thing to believe that things that went unsaid or undone are all right now. Even if you just miss someone, that they (the departed) love you and that where they are is fine and that they want you to get on with your own life. Who wouldn't want to hear that?

Can you imagine what it must be like if a person killed someone you love and you don't know who did it or why they did it? Any answer is better than no answer. Everybody needs some closure. Sylvia Brown may be a quack, but what she's doing isn't causing a lot of harm and it can defintely help people who are in pain over a loss.

I hear exactly what you are saying---that was my original point, that she gives hope---she builds up as opposed to tearing down. I like that---it is becoming more and more uncommon.

I was focusing on the thought of someone being "with" me 24/7---and not too sure I like that!!! But I hadn't thought about the unsaid things, although it is something I seriously try to deal with daily---I never let the kids or DH leave or hang up the phone with out saying Love you. Good Point.

We agree totally that she does ease hearts and minds. And I for one can find no fault in that. Plus she isn't charging you $30 bucks to try to do it!!! Montel pays!! j/k!

Kat

Speaking of these people who claim to speak to the dead, there is a new book out called "The Secret Life of Houdini" that claims that Houdini was exposing those same kind of frauds (of his time) and that they may have murdered him.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle author of the "Sherlock Holmes" series is also mentioned as a possible assassin of Houdini because Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was not the detective that his "Sherlock Holmes" character was and actually believed in these psychics and wanted to start a religion based on communing with the dead.

There has been a request by the family of Houdini to exhume his body which was buried after his death without an autopsy being performed. The cause of death; being playfully punched causing Houdini's appendix to rupture, is now known to be far-fetched at best.

Jacqui: Amen! I don't live in Australia, but I can sure sympathize! I don't get all the shouting about Krispy Kreme donuts. They are fat balls.

As for Starbucks, well, er, mind your own business. The damn stuff is addictive and I can't help myself.

Jacqui: Amen! I don't live in Australia, but I can sure sympathize! I don't get all the shouting about Krispy Kreme donuts. They are fat balls.

As for Starbucks, well, er, mind your own business. The damn stuff is addictive and I can't help myself.

I agree, Starbucks should be illegal. That stuff has crack or something in it! lol... I LOVE Starbucks...

:guess

My nieces and nephews are getting into those drinks so that they can work out harder, run faster, etc. Yeah. Speed freaks!

How about the new soft-drinks that children are swallowing in huge amounts that are loaded with caffeine?

Are we creating a generation of speed freaks?

Yes, I think we are! I go to college (yes late in life) AND they drink those drinks more than we drink water! And they do not just drink it for a pick up, they have no inducted them into the alcohol routine as well! It is just nuts. I will admit I tried one once, with my study group and would rather drink motor oil......blah....

My dad lets my 6 year old dunk her doughnuts in his cofffee, I recently learned he now buys her own cup to "just dunk" one night when she was staying overnight she was up till 3 am....and he complained to me...dumbass. I told him in this case I WAS THE PARENT and he was not, and I over rule his choice to turn my 6 year old into a coffee drinker. Kinda fun to pull rank on my own dad, but weird! :girl_hug:

And when I told her that she could no longer dunk her doughnuts, she looked me square in the eyes and said "Papa will take me to Starbucks."

And when I told her that she could no longer dunk her doughnuts, she looked me square in the eyes and said "Papa will take me to Starbucks."

This is unbelievable! I would have a real problem with that. My dad already got my 5 year old saying, "Dod-gamit!" get it? haha >:girl_hug: If he turned him onto coffee I think I would have to say something to him.

Far out! Grandpa's can be real nutz sometimes! My dad used to try to get my son to say, "I'm a horse at last" when he was learning to talk. You can imagine how it came out! :embarassed:

Boo Boo Kitty: If my dad had given my kids coffee, I'd tell him that he had to buy them a small Decaf latte or a hot chocolate instead of real coffee. Otherwise, I'd make him go sit in a corner all by himself! :heh:

Is it just me? It just seems like they always make the women look like idiots unless they are a Dr, Lawyer, or cop. I know it's tv, it's not reality. However, I do feel that this is a big reason why there is so much weight discrimination out there.

Nope, it's not just you. Did you ever see any of John Candy's movies? Summer Rental comes to mind. He was this huge, none-too-bright guy with a stunning, devoted, blonde Barbie doll wife.

I love King of Queens, by the way. I used to love Roseanne, too. Right up until it got so popular that she took over every aspect of the show and it became downright STUPID.

I love it!!! But then, I'm a grandparent.

My 17 year old grandson is a Starbucks freak. His mom blames me. I let him drink coffee when he was a toddler. But she lets him swear - sort of. More than I think he should, anyway.

I have 4 kids and only one grew up to be a coffee drinker, even though they all "dunked" when they were little.

I love it!!! But then, I'm a grandparent.

My 17 year old grandson is a Starbucks freak. His mom blames me. I let him drink coffee when he was a toddler. But she lets him swear - sort of. More than I think he should, anyway.

I have 4 kids and only one grew up to be a coffee drinker, even though they all "dunked" when they were little.

:) lol..don't get me wrong if when she grows up coffee is her addiction of choice, I can not fight it. I am pot a day gal, but at 6, lol....no way! :D

I don't ever want to hear my kids swear even at 25! lol...I don't swear now to my parents, I feel funny....lol...