Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Isn't it funny how something so obnoxious can both irritate you and fascinate you! Good ole' Jerry Springer.

Isn't it funny how something so obnoxious can both irritate you and fascinate you! Good ole' Jerry Springer.
A British man who made good in Cincinnati, until...:censored:

What peeves me? DUMB A$$ people who have five or six kids by five or six different men and then go on television to find out the father of one of them, then when the guy who's been paying support turns out not to be the father, she goes off screaming and crying. Or she stands there all obstinate and says the test must be wrong! Idiots!

Myself, for watching this drivel, even if it is only on in the background for noise. I could turn on a music channel or something.

I think the people who go on the Mauri Povich show or Jerry Springer must be in a union. They never seem to be out of work.

I hear ya! But in this case it was (sadly) Judge Hatchett. I usually like her, but she's getting very Maury-like...

Does anybody watch Judge Judy? I used to catch her occasionally and the other day I was surfin' and stopped to listen to a case. Geez! She is really harsh!

I like that one lady who goes on the other talk show (can't think of his name - oldtimer's disease) who speaks to the dead and tells you that they're fine and just wanting you to be happy. *sob* :cry

Sylvia Brown on Montel Williams---I am fascinated by her sometimes too---other times, it seems a stretch.....don't know if it is her being up and down---or me!!!!

Kat

Another celebrity that annoys me is Ru Paul. Of course, I realize it's all jealousy on my part. He's more of a woman than I'll ever be. If only I could be half as glamorous/beautiful/vibrant/vivacious/stylish as he is...

Sylvia Brown on Montel Williams---I am fascinated by her sometimes too---other times, it seems a stretch.....don't know if it is her being up and down---or me!!!!

Kat

She makes me crazy. But, I watch her....LOL

There is never anything with her that can be verified.

I know intuitives who are able to verify their information. For some

reason Sylvia Brown just never quit seems to add up to me.

But Montel seems to love her, and I love Montel, so something

must be ok there....LMAO:clap2:

One thing I do like about her, is she seems to try to ease the peoples minds when they are hurting. I hate seeing the ones who only make the loved ones left behind feel guilty or unworthy of a loved one coming back. She gives people hope anyway.

But do NOT get me started on her talons...er nails. EEeeeeewwwww!!!

Kat

I saw her live once. A friend had an extra ticket and asked me to go. Much to my dismay. It was a total crock. She was very good at telling people things to make them feel better, I will agree with that. In fact, those were pretty much my exact words when my friend asked me what I thought after the "show". She brought up maybe 5 people from the audience to talk with. On the first 4 she missed everything. The people couldn't even guess who/what she was referring to. She would just say "You just don't remember" or "look into it, maybe you just don't know". Much like John Edwards *barf* did. On the fifth person, the lady was asking about her daughter's murder. Sylvia told her there were two people who comitted the crime, not one. The lady freaked - I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT it was <bleep> and <bleep>!!! Yes, she actually screamed the names out in front of the microphone.

After probably 30 "not even close" questions/pieces of information, she got "2 people not 1" right and the audience bought it hook, line and sinker.

If I remember correctly, my friend paid something like $150 per ticket. She did so b/c she had questions about a crime in her family, and wanted to ask. Something about how the tickets were sold (I wasn't there so I don't know) lead her to believe that everyone who bought this kind of ticket got to ask questions.

I saw her live once. A friend had an extra ticket and asked me to go. Much to my dismay. It was a total crock. She was very good at telling people things to make them feel better, I will agree with that. In fact, those were pretty much my exact words when my friend asked me what I thought after the "show". She brought up maybe 5 people from the audience to talk with. On the first 4 she missed everything. The people couldn't even guess who/what she was referring to. She would just say "You just don't remember" or "look into it, maybe you just don't know". Much like John Edwards *barf* did. On the fifth person, the lady was asking about her daughter's murder. Sylvia told her there were two people who comitted the crime, not one. The lady freaked - I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT it was <bleep> and <bleep>!!! Yes, she actually screamed the names out in front of the microphone.

After probably 30 "not even close" questions/pieces of information, she got "2 people not 1" right and the audience bought it hook, line and sinker.

If I remember correctly, my friend paid something like $150 per ticket. She did so b/c she had questions about a crime in her family, and wanted to ask. Something about how the tickets were sold (I wasn't there so I don't know) lead her to believe that everyone who bought this kind of ticket got to ask questions.

There is a "South Park" episode about John Edwards and how he does what he does. I despise John Edwards for making a name for himself based upon the TWA Flight 800 tragedy.

People like that are no better than grave robbers in my book. In fact, the people who stole bodies from graves in the 17th , 18th and 19th centuries at least contributed to medical science. People like John Edwards only contribute to their own pocketbook.

There's a little town near Orlando named Lake Helen. It is full of "spiritualists" and palm readers, etc. One particular gal would tell you about the people in a picture if you brought one in. My friend went and took a photo of her family. She went in and the "picture reader" told her to lay the photo face down on the table. We'll call the reader Helen. Anyway Helen started describing my friend's husband and her 3 boys. She even told my friend their names. Now I don't know what the trick was, and I'm pretty sure there was one, but it was fairly impressive to hear my friend tell it.

So 3 of my friends and I decided to go over one day and get our palms read. It cost $35 for a reading. We all spread out in different directions and went to the various people who did the readings. The gal I went to was very good. :rolleyes She would ask a question and you would reveal some small thing (like being married) and she would tell you something about your husband. Well, she could tell by my age and my clothes about what socio-economic status we were and one leading question and brilliant observation after another was revealed to me and before I knew it she had my husband having an affair with someone who he met at a bar and that he goes to this bar every day at lunch to see her and that I better get myself an attorney. I don't know what all this BS is that they don't bear bad news, but she tried her best to rock my world.

My husband doesn't drink, didn't take lunch hours very often, doesn't go to bars frequently and wasn't having an affair. Other than that, she was spot on. Same scenario for my friends visits to their palm readers. The one thing we all knew for sure when we drove out of town was that our purses were $35 lighter.

BJean, that was my only point in speaking of Sylvia Brown--she at least does not go around trying to destroy lives. While I find it hard to believe any of it, making up hurtful things like that with no purpose...is just beyond my understanding. Many "believers: woul dhave let your experience ruin the marriage---that is awful!

Kat

A good psychologist can ask you a handful of questions and tell you more about your life than the best psychic. But I did see this couple once that was pretty impressive. It was on some TV show a few years ago, how's that for specifics? What I do remember was that it was a scientific study of their abilities with controls, etc. "Their" because it was a husband/wife team. I don't remember what the husband did, but the wife would draw pictures of people. The people she drew were supposed to be connected somehow to the guests. The guests were both actors/actresses, and people off the street. Their success rate ended up being 6/8. After the stuff was filmed they got back in touch and had people submit the actual photos of their family, and compared them to the drawings. Some were exceptionally close - close enough to make you wonder how they did it. (aside from TV magic, of course). But they weren't (I don't think) telling people things, they were just talking to them, and then she'd get this picture and start drawing it. After the drawing was already created, they'd start talking about who it was.

Have to say that would freak me out. But so would the idea that my passed on loved ones hang out around me all the time. I mean C'mon Grandma, stay on the other side of the bedroom door---pleeeease!!!! There are some places I don't want company dead or alive!!!!

Kat