Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Know this is a BIG NO! But...????

Water it down a bit.

I'll put about 1/5 Water, 4/5 soda OR ice up some soda and let it sit a while so the ice melts. This does the trick.

I won't drink full-strength soda because of the embarassing excessive burping.

nope cant do any carbonated drinks I tried one sip and ended up in pain like something is stuck it was worse than PB.It was really terrible:-)

I accidenatally tried some carbonated Water soon after surgery, thought it had gone totally flat but it still had a tiny amount and it HURT! Mnay months later after I had seen that many bandsters are able to have it in small amounts so I gave it a try and had a sip of some diet sprite and was fine. Slowly over time I started drinking diet coke again. As it has no claories and doesn't hurt at all I have it when I want it. It is my only vice. I cannot drink it out of a bottle or a can, I always pour into a glass and choose to buy 2liters when I get it so that It goes pretty flat by the time I reach the end. When traveling the little bottles work if I open and then shake the dickens out of it then re open and repeat that a few times. It make most of the carbpnation leave :D As for burping, if burping causes band slippage (which I highly doubt) then I am in big trouble anyway even without the d. coke,

I actually don't care for carbonation- I'm one of those strange people, I wish that all sodas had a flat option, like diet, and caffein free, or best yet, diet and caffein free and flat!

One good way to get rid of carbonation is to stir up a glass of the stuff. Put in some ice.

I also work over the phone and its nice to have a drink but due to burping, ("Oh, excuse that loud belch sir...") I started exploring non carbonated drinks. I like tea. Tons of flavor and variety. Another drink I really like is fuze slenderize. Its pretty low calorie- like ten calories for a 16oz bottle and its fruit flavored and it has Vitamins too. Yummy.

Personally, I suspect its giving up milkshakes thats going to be a bigger problem for me.

For me there are certain things that just have to be GULPED or BIG GOOPY bites...soda, beer, and cheeseburgers...if you can't gulp it's just not right...so I've given up soda, beer and really good cheeseburgers....

It hasn't been bad, but now and then I sure miss my Mountain Dew...however, occasionally, you can find Mt. Dew or Coke Icees at Target...they switch flavors so its hit and miss, but what a treat when they have them

Doesn't sodas possibly cause erosion of the band? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

According to my doc and the doc around here, Dr C... there is no hard evidence linking carbonation to erosion.

On my post op instructions it said "NO MORE CARBONATION EVER" but every doctor is different, it has been 3 plus yrs since I had carbonation and I have not had my band since Nov 2005 it is one thing I never went back too after the loss of my band.

I have had a few sips of carbonated drinks - but it usually causes me some discomfort from the gas afterwards - so I don't do it very often.

It just isn't worth the pain.