Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got Some Good News Today!

No I live in michigan....ny no way! Lol haha I couldn't handle the big city life lol.

Sent from my Verizon DROID3 using RNYTalk

I have been smoke free for three months my surgeon says 6 weeks but i had bad bacteria in my stomach that had to be taken care of before surgery. Which i am very happy is coming may 31.....i lived in San Diego for quite some time. Now i am in Wisconsin.

John- idk about that lol I was in chicago on a bussiness trip for 3 days and that was enough for me lol. I think a trip to ny would be fun but not to live in. Way to busy for me. I love being able to go outside and take a walk and not be bothered by noise or alot of traffic. I live in a pretty small town and practically the entire town knows me. Lol.

Lynn- that's good that you quit! So ur having ur surgery may 31st?

John not everyone loves new york. My friend always been in New York from one day to another moved to Florida,and I don't think she wants to know about NY.

Yep may 31 i can't wait.... i am trying to stay busy so i don't think about food.... i know this next month is going to be hard.when i gave up smoking i took up chewing gum. I was told last week not to chew gum cause it will tell ur brain ur eating and will make u hungry...i think just drinking is telling my brain i am hungry. Cant wait though it has been a long process

Wow - congratulations Jessica!! I'm a former smoker although I quit several years before my RNY. If you can quit smoking, you can do anything! Well done!

Lynn- good luck! Yeah I try to stay busy too because if im just sitting around I get bored and want to eat. The worst time of day for me is at night. I don't get out of work till 6 then go to the gym till 7 or 7:30 so I don't even eat dinner until like 8 or 9 by the time I get my daughter laid down and stuff....but I am always really bored and just watching tv at night so that's the hardest time. I feel like im always craving stuff...like sweets.

DLCoggin- thank you! :) the only difference that I've have noticed in quiting smoking and weight loss is when I quit smoking I just kept telling myself go one more day without it and it'll get easier everyday. It almost was like to prove to my family that I could go another day. But with weight loss u can't just give up food for good ...u have to eat it to survive. With the ciggerettes I could give them up forever and not have a problem. So that's where I run into issues. My biggest problem with weight loss lately I think is that I've gained so much weight over the past few years that I've given up ...I feel like I just keep telling myself ur fat already so why not eat one more cookie. I hate that mentality it sucks. I gained 15 pounds after quiting smoking 3 months ago. That also made my confidence go down.

DLCoggin- thank you! :) the only difference that I've have noticed in quiting smoking and weight loss is when I quit smoking I just kept telling myself go one more day without it and it'll get easier everyday. It almost was like to prove to my family that I could go another day. But with weight loss u can't just give up food for good ...u have to eat it to survive. With the ciggerettes I could give them up forever and not have a problem. So that's where I run into issues. My biggest problem with weight loss lately I think is that I've gained so much weight over the past few years that I've given up ...I feel like I just keep telling myself ur fat already so why not eat one more cookie. I hate that mentality it sucks. I gained 15 pounds after quiting smoking 3 months ago. That also made my confidence go down.

You're welcome Jessica! I think that you will find that your weight loss confidence will grow by leaps and bounds every day following your surgery. It quite literally changes everything. I'm not saying that it's "easy". But I am saying that it is "easier" and that makes all the difference. After struggling with my weight my entire life, I've lost 107 pounds since October 20th of last year. I'm no hero. Just determined and committed to follow the protocol as close to the letter as I possibly can. Most days I succeed. Some days are even easy. Some days not so much. And yes, some days I fail to do what I set out to do. But every day is an opportunity to Celebrate what I've accomplished and renew my commitment to never go back. I love the new me and you're gonna love the new you!!

Lynn- good luck! Yeah I try to stay busy too because if im just sitting around I get bored and want to eat. The worst time of day for me is at night. I don't get out of work till 6 then go to the gym till 7 or 7:30 so I don't even eat dinner until like 8 or 9 by the time I get my daughter laid down and stuff....but I am always really bored and just watching tv at night so that's the hardest time. I feel like im always craving stuff...like sweets.

Jessica I have the same problem - struggling the most in the evenings. I discovered something very early on that has worked wonders. I read somewhere in the mountains of information that they gave me pre-op that drinking liquids helps you feel full. For me the liquid of choice was and continues to this day to be - coffee. I drink at least two and usually three cups of coffee every single day - morning snack, afternoon snack and the real biggie - evening snack (dessert!!). Prior to my surgery, I drank coffee with sugar and flavored Creamers. Post-op I drink coffee with Splenda and flavored creamers. All of the flavored creamers I've used have 30-35 calories in one Tbsp, 1.5g of fat (0 saturated) and 6g to 7g of sugar. The sugar could be a problem for folks who have dumping syndrome but I have been fortunate to have avoided a single instance of dumping. The coffee is sweet and most importantly, it's filling. Science may not support it but I am absolutely convinced that it is a good appetite suppressant as well.

I have read things on the net where folks have suggested that coffee can be a contributing factor in obesity. WebMD recently had an article where they said that there is absolutely no scientific evidence that two or three cups of coffee a day contributes to obesity. There is abundant scientific evidence that there are numerous health benefits associated with coffee - the article I've linked below outlines some of them and there are many more on the site. You might want to give it a try!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-buzz-on-coffee

Have a great day!!

P.S. - Post-op I drink Decaf almost exclusively and Keurig brewers are the best thing to happen to coffee in the last hundred years!!