Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got Some Good News Today!

I had an appointment today and found out I passed my nicotine test! Im done smoking but was a little concerned about the one cigarette that I smoked on saint pattys Day. However I do still have to do 3 more months of nicotine tests because its so easy to fall back into.

The good news I did receive is that all my blood work came back great! My colesteral (sp) is good, my blood sugar was a tad bit high but nothing to be to concerned about and my Vitamin levels were all good accept I need a tiny bit more Vitamin D. They told me I am a great candidate for this surgery because I am young and have no health issues. I take a Water pill and that is all. I am so glad to hear this.

I found out I can skip the sleep study and any special clearances because of not having any health issues so they are thinking my surgery date can be moved back up a couple months....not sure until we get closer to august. But im choosing to be optimistic. I've been getting 3 to 4 appointments done in one day so I can move things along.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that with everyone! Todays appointment definitely got me motivated again. I went home and decided to go walk a couple miles with my mom and daughter! :)

Have a good night everyone!

Sent from my Verizon DROID3 using RNYTalk

Awesome :). And what great motivation to have a little family time!

That is good. I quit smoking about 1 1/2 years now. Bed decision ever. Do I think about it nope! Even the smell bothers me now. you can do it.9

At that hospital that I am getting this done at they ask u if uve ever been a smoker and if u say yes u have to be nicotine free for 4 months before surgery. I had no idea so of course I said yes...I mean I wouldn't have lied anyways...but I didn't know when that 4 months started and a smoked a ciggerette on saint pattys day even though I've been quit for like 3 months and I was honest about it and it pushed my surgery back a little bit. But I passed my first test so I was happy. No more smoking ever again for this girl! Lol. Smoking can cause ulcers and with the size of the pouch the ulcers can do alot of damage after surgery so that's why they are so strict about it.

So glad you quit. It's not good for anyone's health. We have to find things to make us busy cross word puzzles <----- I love cross word puzzles. have like 5 books or more lolz.. It makes me sad the commercial on lunch cancer. The white lady putting on the wig,and a plastic thing over her throat,and the black lady when her fingers cut off,then the spanish man can't swim anymore has a box to talk threw this throat,and got knows what other commercials they have out there,and yet I still see people smoking away,and pushing strollers,and they have this horrible cough. Oh god so glad my smoking days are over :)

Yeah I am so glad im done! I never felt good when I did it...it did feel like I relieved stress at the times I was doing it but my lungs hurt and I couldn't workout as much because I would get so out of breath and it hurt my chest. My 4 year old asks me all the time mommy do u still smoke? And I reassure her everyday that I don't anymore. I hdave a friend that takes her child on walks and smokes right there in front of the kid and it drives me nuts. I never smoked around my daughter...I always smoked outside and if she was out there I wouldn't do it. We even shut the shades so she wouldn't see us doing it.

I respect my kids,and other kids when I was a smoker. I wouldn't smoke in front of them or around them. I would smoke in the basement,but I wasn't a heavy smoker neither. It was just a hazzle because I would smoke run to the bathroom brush my teeth,and wash my hands. Since I'm so affectionate with my kids,and they are with me. I didn't want to smell. I'm glad I decided it was time to quit. I did notice like you I felt better. About your friend god forbid the child gets second hand smoke lung cancer she will regret it for the rest of her life. If you want to kill your self ok but taking others down with you it's not cool at all. I love my kids to much to harm them.

Yeah I agree! I've went on walks with the girl before and it kind of makes me mad bc I don't want my daughter around it...its frustrating. Right now im sick with a chest cold and it has been hard to breathe and it kind of reminds me of when I was a smoker and it sucks...I feel like s***! And don't ever wanna feel like that again. Mu husband has been on the patch for 3 months but has cheated a few times ...I just hope he can stick with it and stay quit for good. He's almost 25 and has been smoking since he was 14 or 15.

Have he try chantix? Most insurance pays for it but at the end it's worth it. I had customer on it & they stop smoking. I'm an assistant pharmacist. I'm been home now since my kids have special needs.

My surgeon didn't ask for that test. I don't smoke cigarettes , I quit in 2004 but I smoke cigars.

Yay go you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I thought about getting him on chantix but I heard it can cause depression and mood swings. But maybe ill look into it a little bit more.

John- that's good that u quit smoking ciggerettes ...do u still smoke cigars even after surgery? Or have u not had ur surgery yet?