Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Thought The Hunger Was Going To Pass

Its day five of this liquid crap. I'm craving a burger sooooo bad. I need something other than chocolate or vanilla. No way can I do this for two weeks. My head hurts constantly. If I cook up a small filet steak would the set me back. I just need to eat something with substance. I want to work out but I'm very weak and this headache won't stop. I've lost 12lbs since I've started. What do I do.

Omg! I feel so bad for you. Come on ppl give this guy advice.

I remember that feeling,.... It was only a week ago. I'm guessing your on the pre-op diet. I know it's hard but just think its not forever. This is just a means to an end. Think of the long term benefits and how amazing it will be to be able to move and do everything you want to afterwards. This is just part of the journey. A wee price we pay to show we are ready for the change.

You can do it. It's not easy, but you'll be proud of yourself for making it.

Are you allowed to eat the Protein Bars instead of the shakes? I found they were better if I nibbled on them,... Found I had something to do with my teeth.

I was allowed to have 2 cups of veggies a day. That helped me a lot as well. Is that a possibility for you?! I agree a lot of it is the chewing sensation. Maybe sugar free ice pops?

Hang in there... I know how hard it is but keep your safety in mind.

I'm so sorry that is the worst ever!!! Maybe you can try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury they have a chicken Soup flavor and it's awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I remember those days. I also was allowed to have vegetables. Check with your doctor. Jut keep drinking something. It gets better.

Those headaches are the worst! I had one for nearly 5 days during my preop liquid diet. My surgeon let me have clear beef broth (the kind you make from the little cubes) let me tell you, it helped a lot with the cravings. And just to have something in your mouth that isn't sickeningly sweet like those Protein Shakes was a Godsend. If its not on your approved list, it's worth a call to the Dr office to see if they will ok it. It has very few calories and no fat or carbs. The only thing is its so salty. Still, it's better than a steak.

I am on day 13 no cheating, i think the dr would be mad if he cut me open and found pizza or chicken in me. Not having food is helping me build a different realionship with food. Eat to live, not live to eat. That's what i keep telling myself.

im one week post op but im diffrent im not hungry at all ..i just came from my doctor and i lost 57 lbs for 1 week

Omg 57lbs in a week! Girl what are u doing??? I kno u had a quick recovery I pray I'm just like ya! Give me some tips!!

Omg 57lbs in a week! Girl what are u doing??? I kno u had a quick recovery I pray I'm just like ya! Give me some tips!!

Im just strictly liquid diet... I dont get hungry at all.. I drink my Water Jello popsicle my fav...

I'm so sorry that is the worst ever!!! Maybe you can try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury they have a chicken Soup flavor and it's awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I love injury it is the best as far as taste goes to me...