Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must be the first one here

Hey Jeannie, So glad to hear from you. Have to shut the computer down for a few days (contractors will be here putting in a new ceiling, have to hide the computer from the dust). You are a great support, thank you so much. Next time I e-chat will be after surgery!!!! Still nervous, but 0.5 mg of Ativan has become my friend. Take care J. Pray for me Tuesday. Sunshine

hey shrinkingdiva thanks for the encouraging words. I have started today taking this weightloss a little more seriously. Hopefully I can stay on track. I have been to my second meeting of 5 meetings and they are helpful. unfortunately I don't have the support that you have. But I'am a winner I will make it.

Hello Sunshine, I hope everything went well and that you're well on your way to recovery. It is a little scary at first, but then it gets a little easier. I have to say that the first three weeks had to be my hardest and that's when I thought what the heck did I do then I went to a support meeting and found that I wasn't the only one that thought that way. I'm so glad that you did this you'll be glad in the long run it's just getting there that takes awhile, but like Dr. Wagner says the band takes time and don't expect too much too soon and be patient. I understand about the computer I've been away from mine for about a week only because of my work schedule and I'm sure you know how that is.... Keep up the great work and be good to yourself because now IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU. I was told that it's ok to be selfish for awhile and believe me I was, I treated myself to a new hairdo and a few other things and it made me feel good to think only about me for awhile and not have to worry about other people. There will be people who say things to you to try discredit what you've done, by saying you took the easy way out, well guess what it wasn't the easy way. For me it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and now they say I look great and that I've done really well I pay them no attention and try very hard to gracefully say thank you. Well I have to go for now, but I take somemore time to write later in the meantime take care of yourself you did a good thing remember that......:banana

hey booper, you do have support right here. I'm glad to hear the meetings are helping keep going, Dr. Wagner is really a big help. I'm also glad to hear that you're trying to stay on track that's the key to success. Keep up the good job and be good to yourself in the meantime....

Hey J. Surgery was fine, quite sore for a few days, but manageable now. Have been plagued with horrible diarrhea since surgery. Dr. Gens thought it might have been C Diff, but cultures were negative. Did you have any problems with diarrhea? If so, how long did it last? I can honestly say I haven't had an appetite since surgery - dreading its return. How was this for you? Glad to hear you are treating yourself well. I think you are right, time to focus on me here (for a little while anyway). Luckily I have great support, that really helps. Keep up the good work girl. E-talk with you soon! Sunshine

glad to hear the surgery went well.. I really didn't have a problem with diarrhea and I also didn't have much of an appetite either, but when it did return it wasn't as bad as it was prior to surgery. I really sometimes forget to eat, but I can't keep doing that cuz I need to keep up with my Protein intake that's the most important thing. I also was quite sore for about a week, but that didn't stop me from going shopping and driving, I think I have to be the most non-compliant paitent ever. I wanted to do everything I could to keep busy, but I tried not to over do it (yeah right). I think I went to my first support group meeting a week after surgery and Nancy was very suprised to see me there (oh well). Keep up the good work and I'll talk to you soon.

Hi Sunshine and Happy New Year... I now I haven't visited in a couple of weeks , but with the holidays in all I've been extremely busy and I haven't had two minutes to myself.. I hope this finds you well and happy. I on the other hand have had a not so good time , still can't find out where my pain is coming from and Dr. Gens is really getting frustrated. He just recently sent me for a four day test where they inject you with radioactive isotopes and it's supposed to find where the area of infection is, but all it came up with is degeneration in my lower spine which we already knew was there. So I'm really gettng depressed with this whole thing although the weight loss is great I feel like crap half the time and being in pain all the time is really no fun....enough about me I hope everything is going great for you and that you're not having any problems since the last time I wrote... Please forgive the lateness of this and write back as soon as you can I really need to keep doing this it keeps me on track to talk to someone who understands this whole process... talk soon. Jeannie:p

Jeannie, I am so sorry on many fronts - my delayed response and that you are having such a hard time. Very glad to hear Dr. Gens in on the job - he will take care of you. Hope you are doing better now. I am trying to figure out life with my band - kind of confusing at times. No matter how challenging it gets, I love my band. Thank you so much for your continued support. I really hope you are well. Sushine

*said tongue in cheek* I think they should change the name of this thread to "THE THREE PEOPLE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE WHO HAVE THE BAND" .... :heh:

sunshine please don't appologize I completely understand I'm just glad to hear that you are doing well. I can honestly say that life with the band is definitley an adjustment. Going out to eat is an experience in it's self and getting used to the new body image also takes some getting used to . I'm having major issues with that, so I called Dr. Wagner and told him what was going on and I'm seeing him on Friday. I have issues with still seeing that fat person every time I look in the mirror. which he said was very normal. but we can work on it... So tell me what's been going on with you are you enjoying the new life style? I know it can be hard at times ,but it's fun to see what comes next. I on the other hand I'm getting a little frustrated only because the scale is not moving and that Dr. Gens still has no idea what the heck is wrong with me so he's sending me to an area pain clinic I can't seem to get out of pain this was supposed to be a good thing and I still don't feel good:frusty:. Oh well get back to me soon ok. I plan on going to the support group meeting at the end of the month I hope you can make it so we can finally meet. Be good to yourself talk to you soon Jeannie:hug:

Hey Jennie. Hope you are feeling better. How did your meeting with Jeff go? Am really having to work hard at leaning how to live peacefully with The Mighty One (our name for my band). I keep forgetting it is there and try to eat fast, but TMO never forgets. Love Dr. Gens. He had proven to be strict and no nonsense and I really need that. He has also become my biggest cheerleader. I am planning on going to the support group on the 13th. Very interested in the Lap Band section of the meeting. Hope to finally meet you there. Sunshine

Well hi. I am feeling much better thank you and the meeting I had with Dr. Wagner helped alot. I hope things are going well for you. I know what you mean by having to learn to eat slowly I did that once and that's all it took now I pace myself and it's much better than suffering for a few hours with pain that fells like you're having a heart attack!!!!!! Yes Dr. Gens is the best and he is very no nonsense and he will tell you like it is I tried arguing with him once and lost so now I know better. I'm going to try to make it to the metting on the 13th , but i do have to work that night so I don't know but I will try. I do have some good news I've lost a total of 65lbs (yeah 4 me):humble: I'm very proud of that and like my mother say's I should be. How has it gone for you? well this dumb computer is acting funny I hopw to talk to you soon and maybe finally get to meet you at the meeting. talk to ya soon. Jeannie:D

WOW!!!!! :clap2: Yeah for you!!!! I am so happy you are doing well. I am loving this thing. Tom (my s/o) and I went out last night and I decided to eat whatever I wanted. I was amazed at how great the food tasted (eating slow and savoring every bite) and really wasn't able to eat much. Just enjoyed our night out without overdoing it at all - such a good feeling. Am noticing about 1 - 3 lbs a week since my fill. Very pleased with that. What is the saying "slow and steady wins the race." Take care, hope to see you. Sucks that you have to work. Sunshine