Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must be the first one here

Don't mind a bit. It took me a little over 2 months to get back to work only because of the heavy lifting and such. I was also having a bit of pain in my lower left abdominal area(still don't know what it is)nothing to worry about though. Sorry to hear about the insurance, the one I have had no problem with approving me, they told me as long as the MD thought it was medically necessary then they would approve it, I had no problem with them and didn't have to jump through hoops either. As for my pain post-op hardly any except that lower pain, but that came about 2 weeks after. I also lived on CIB for about 2 weeks prior to surgery and the three weeks on liquids nearly killed me, I can't tell you how bad I wanted soild food, so bad in fact that when I did get put back on it I was so excited that I went home and made some chicken salad and ate it in 15 mins (it's supposed to take a half hour to and hour to eat) thus I had my first experience with food getting stuck. So when they tell you to make sure to chew your food well and take small bites, listen to them, cuz let me tell you, it feels like you've swallowed a basketball and it's very painful, I had to lay down for about an hour and I could feel the food sliding through(very strange feeling). I just had my first adjustment 1 week ago, Dr. Gens said they usually do that about 2 months after surgery depending on the person, I was doing so well I hoped I could wait, but I gained 2lbs and was very upset about the whole thing, he told me that's because we need to fill the band and it was no big deal that I gained 2lbs , but of course I beat myself up about it, I never ever want to be where I was prior to the band I like the fact that I can fit into smaller jeans and they're only going to get smaller. Filling the band is really no big thing, they do right in Nancy's office where that big scale is, I of course had to give Dr. Gens some problems, only because he didn't have an easy time finding where my port was and ended up doing it through x-ray. Not everyone has to do that so don't worry, it really is not that big of a deal it takes about 5 to 10 minutes give or take a few. Well I hope I've answered some of your questions and I look forward to answering more if you have them. I have a queation for you, how much do you have to loose prior to surgery? and what is your final goal? I set mine at 150 pounds and now I only have 100 more pounds to go, I'm very proud to say that I hit my fifty pound mark, that's according to my home scale, we both know it's Nancys scale that really counts......Hope to hear from you soon, keep on truckin' :cheeky Jeannie

Hey there Jeannie, So glad for you that you made you big "50." It must feel wonderful!! Enjoy those jeans! I started this journey at 317.5. Had to lose 17 lbs for Dr. Gens, then my insurance wanted me under 291. Am currently 288 by my scale (I too love and hate Nancy's scale). Too close for comfort, so am primarily living on CIB with Soy protien added. Not sure what my goal is. Felt perfect getting to 180 years ago on fen-phen, so probably 180 as a goal. Also glad to hear you didn't have horrible post-op pain. You are such a great resource - happy we E-met. Take Care, Sunshine

Just got your last messsage. I too took the weight loss pills and ended up wiht hyper-tension for all the good they did me. 288 was what I had to get down to before he would do my surgery, it seems like that took forever and I never thought I'd make it this far, but I did and I'm so very glad that I did it....I guess you really do have a strict insurance company.. well back to work for me tonight I work the over night shift and I'm glad we e-met also it's been fun talking to some else who's having this done I hope I can be of more help to you in the futrure... by the way how do you get the tickerfactory scale on I tried , but it didn't work? Jeannie

Hey J. I have no idea how I got the ticker. I clicked on someone elses ticker and got to the web site for the ticker and did the cut/paste thing - but I have never done that before and somehow it accidently worked. I have tried to get back to it and cannot. Sorry, wish I could help. Thinking up more questions.... Thanks. Sunshine

Hi there:

I will be having my surgery at Portsmouth Hospital. As soon as I lose 12 Lbs. Which might as well be 120 Lbs. With all the holidays i'm having a realllllly hard time. I have gone to one class so far. Perhaps more classes will help. Which way did you lose your pre surgery weight?

Hey Booper. Who is your surgeron? I have mainly eaten Weight Watchers and for this last bit I am drinking protien drinks (8 oz fat free milk, sugar free Carnation instant Breakfast, and a scoop of soy protien) a couple of times a day and not eating. I know it is a harsh plan, but I am so determined to get this surgery next week, I will do just about anything. I think Jeff's classes did help, mostly because he taught me to be gentle with this process. He also talked a lot about course adjustments, bringing yourself back if you wonder. For some reason that struck a nerve with me and has helped. I know it is hard. I am rooting for you.

Hello Boop-n, This is Shrinkingdiva, I know how you feel about the pre-surgery weight, I had to loose 16 pounds and it felt like 100, I honestly felt like on the day of my surgery that I was going to get sent home because I thought I didn't reach my goal, instead of loosing 16 I ended up loosing 23. WHEW..... It was difficult, but I managed. What I did was mainly live on sugar-free carnation instant breakfast and ate very small meals for supper. I must tell you the classes really do help especially when you think your not doing very well and think you're going to fail. I know seeing Dr. Wagner was the best thing. He really opened my eyes to a few things that I never realized. So please don't give up and don't get discouraged it's hard I know, but just think of the end result and how much better you'll feel... If you have questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Well hello again it's nice to hear from you, I really think that this theraputic, it has helped so much talking to you, to share my experiences with you and such. So thanks. I'm going to try clicking on your ticker and try that cut and paste thing. OH how did your appointment go with Dr. Gens? Didn't you have one today? Hope things went well. I don't see him until next month, but I may have to call him sooner having a few problems, but nothing I can't handle. Well have a nice evening. Talk to you soon. Jeannie

Hi Jeannie, Appt. went well, and still under the weight limit set by my insurance. Thank you for asking. Now getting a little nervous about actual surgery. I have been in the OR 100's of times, but not as the patient. Wierd for me. Went out for a good-bye meal. Back to the CIB's until surgery. Got back into my ticker yesterday. I went to TickerFactory.com on my search engine, then updated my ticker and highlighted the ticker (had to try about 20 times, it kept on highlighting everythin but my ticker) went to edit and hit copy, then shrunk the screen down. Then went to this site and went to User CP and brought up my Edit Signature. Once the screen was up I hit paste and it worked. Hope that makes sense. I really just stumbled around til it worked. Cannot wait until next Tuesday! Dr. Gens seems to be alright. Your recommendation made a hugh impression. Thank you so much. You mentioned "a few problems." Everything ok? He kept restating "Do not hesitate to call." Hope you are well. Take care, Sunshine

Hey Moonietunes

My doctor is Dr Looser. I haven't met him yet but i had no preference so they picked for me. I think i am going to try a liquid diet.< /p>

keep up the good work

Hi shrinkingdiva:

thanks for the encouraging words. I think i am gonna try the liquid diet. I don't have a surgery date yet. Very hard to get motivated and stay motivated. maybe more classes will help. Thanks for the encouraging words. who was your doctor and when did you have surgery?

Hey Booper, You are in good hands with the group at Portsmouth. They have helped me so much. Also, I love to eat, I am with you. It is so hard - that is why we are doing this. I just hope you can focus on the prize. It is more and more exciting the farther along this journey you get. Good luck to you - YOU CAN DO IT!!

I'm so gald the apt went well for you. 4 days WOW. Don't get nervous everything will fine it will be over before you know it, but I know what you mean I'm little claustrophobic and there were to many people in that little room they had me in and I just wanted to get out and run away, but them they gave me a six pack in a syringe and everything was just dandy. I knew nothing and felt great I think it was Versid they gave me and it really did the trick. Sorry I haven't been here in awhile but work takes up most of my time, well I wish you the best of luck and I'm pulling for ya Dr. Gens is a wonderful surgeon so I know that you'll be in good hands and Nancy will be there also, so have no fear everyone there is great and will take good care of you and don't hesitate to call Dr. Gens he's right. talk to you soon......

Hi again Boop-n I had my surgery Sept 19 and Dr. Gens did mine. He was great and still is I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. So far I've lost 53 lbs and still going strong. It wasn't easy at first but I managed I also loved to eat and that was my biggest down fall I loved it too much. I can understand about the motivation I had a hard of it myself, but the one thing that kept me going was that I had alot of support to help, when I felt I was getting out of control my mom put me in check and told me that if I didn't meet that goal the surgery wasn't going to happen and that was very sobering. Keep on with the good work and remember that the end result will be worth everthing you're going through now. Talk to you soon:)