Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got banded yesterday!

:) Hi everyone!! My name is Shannon - I live in the Kansas City area. I got banded yesterday (Tuesday, Jan 23rd), at 11:00 a.m. I am feeling great today!!! Yesterday, at the surgery center, I didn't feel too great - until I vomited a few times :omg: ....then, I was fine. They think I may have had an averse reaction to the anestesia or anti-ametic meds. I was sleepy yesterday and still sleepy today.

I am eager to get to know you all. I have a question....how long have your doctor's told you to stay on a clear liquid diet? I was told 2 days following surgery, then I can add soft foods. I'm looking forward to that, because there isn't much choice in the clear liquid group...and I'm not a big fan of broth! :think

BEST BEST wishes to you all! I am so thankful that I was able to have this procedure. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about how it will change your life.

Yours Truly,

Shannon

Thanks for the reply!! I had my surgery done in Kansas by Dr. Nigro at Weight Loss Surgery Center. I've heard fabulous things about

Dr. Malley and his practice. Doesn't he have a support group that meets once a month? Do you have any ideas as to when your surgery will be? It is very exciting!! Take care and maybe I'll see you one day!!

Sincerely,

Hi Shannonh! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling so good. I am not banded yet,but will be in 6 days. Here's to your continued success. Keep us posted-Gigi

Hi Shannon, I think I was on liquids for 2 weeks then mushies for 2 then solids. I believe that is what I did. It may have been 1 week then 1 week then onto solids. I don't remember. Just follow your doctors orders. Congrats on getting banded.

Hi, Shannon,

I'm from Independence and I'm being banded February 15 by Dr. Malley. I'm glad you're feeling good. Keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck,

Sharon

Hi everyone!!

It's 3 days post-op and I'm feeing pretty good!! This is the fourth surgery I've ever had (one was laprascopic for endometriosis, one was D&C for a miscarriage, and one was a hysterectomy) - this is, by far, the best I've felt following a surgery!! My worst problem is gas pains...ugh...:help: Any advice?? I've tried the Tums w/ Calcium but they don't seem to help.

All my best wishes for those of you with surgeries coming up...and all my thanks for those of you who care and have been checkin' in on me! Thanks!! :clap2:

Shannon

Hey Shannon........ have you tried the gas-x mouth strips???

thanks for the comparision... I've had 2 dnc's for miscarriage and a c-section... I remember waking up after one of my D&C's and telling my doc that I loved him...

Glad to hear your doing so well!

That's awesome! i can't say the same for me. I have had some tough challenges these last 5 weeks. But I'm glad your experience has been good these last two days!

Lots of Luv- Alice

Banded 12/20/06

Dr. Huacuz- Tijuana, Mexico

weight.png

shannonh: Can you share who did your band? I went to Dr. Malley's semminar today. Still looking for the right surgery and doctor.