Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was Tuesday. I Want to eat some pizza or something. Just one bite would help.

hey crystal I know the feeling its mind hunger what i use to do when i craved something so bad was take a bite chew chew and then spit it out ... i was just at a point that i missed chewing so bad

Im 10weeks post op and still get cravings but not as bad when I started .

I am craving pizza and potato Soup lol.,i know what ur going thru just hang in there

I thought that after surgery even if your hungry your not suppose to eat grease-butter-oil. ? I think what got me over weight was eating the Pasta pizza Chinese food & kfc.

Yeah your nog suppose to eat those things.

This is really going to be hard with your head trying to rule your eating still...ugh! Good luck all!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

In my personal Opinion. If you have the mentality of eating unhealthy then don't have surgery. In my opinion this surgery is a life change. Eating habits, self esteem, energy, like me improve the sex life. I wanna try it standing up Lolz... Or how about being carried... Yummy I'm so looking forward to a life change. I guess some people see it like a quick fix,but surgery to then eat pizza, fast food. Don't have surgery it's not worth it if the food habits won't change.

I've heard that the mental hunger is the worst. We've been eating unhealthily for so long that our minds crave the bad stuff. It doesn't even have to be the bad stuff tho. I know people who craved salads and another who craved eggs but couldn't stand the taste anymore. That mental hunger is what makes my husband worry about me having the surgery.

Mamiof3-Most people who go through with this surgery, know this isn't a quick fix thing. Some people cannot handle the depression brought on by the mental hunger, they end up giving in to it, realize they don't dump, and they just start eating again like before. That being said, I also am looking forward to new ways of having sex.

I think I would be okay even if I could eat some veggies or something. I have been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks now. You can create foods that you can est that is not fatty foods.

I think I would be okay even if I could eat some veggies or something. I have been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks now. You can create foods that you can est that is not fatty foods.

Good luck, that liquid diet is the one that scares me the most. I think I'll be able to handle the soft/puréed stage. My surgeon even gave me recipes to turn the soft stage into meals not just boring yuckiness. :)

It's not so bad at times. It's hard but we can do this.

Yes we can do this. When you think about it it's true so long of eating unhealthy I guess your body wants it but your mind needs to say no Lolz

Crystal- I'm with you! I've been on liquids for 2 weeks too and I crave anything. Def mental hunger is the worst. I'm having a hard- extremely hard time with it. Not for junk just for food!