Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Final Pre-Op Appt This Friday!

I have been working toward this for so long and now that I have the approval letter in hand and my final Pre-op appt scheduled, it is feeling so real. I have felt like a prisoner in my body, bound by weight that couldn't be conquered and now I know that in a matter of weeks, I'll have a surgery that will help to retrain me to eat properly and finally shed this burden. I am looking so forward to a day when I can go to an amusement park without fear of being told I'm too big to ride. I am so grateful that I will have assistance in shedding theses pounds before my little boys are old enough to get teased about how fat their mommy is. I am anxiously awaiting the day when getting dressed in the morning or for a night out with friends is a fun thing and not stressful because everything is too tight or too small. Most of all I grateful that I am getting this aspect of my life under control before I was attacked by diabetes, hypertension and the other obesity comorbidities I've feared.

This is going to be such an amazing, life changing blessing and I'm humbled and grateful it is happening to me.

God bless you and good luck. My surgery date is May 21. It's been about a five month process for me to get to this point. I am anxious, nervous, a little frightened but most of all filled with gratitude to have this "reset button" pushed (as I like to call it) and have a hope renewed to live my life free from the bonds of obesity.

Great story, almost like I wrote it, except I have one son. My surgery date is 6/4, and I am counting down the days. I am so looking forward to being on the other side. I have been heavy all my life, and finally I am taking back control and getting a do-over almost, with lots of hard work, we can both be successful !!! Good luck to you

I have been working toward this for so long and now that I have the approval letter in hand and my final Pre-op appt scheduled, it is feeling so real. I have felt like a prisoner in my body, bound by weight that couldn't be conquered and now I know that in a matter of weeks, I'll have a surgery that will help to retrain me to eat properly and finally shed this burden. I am looking so forward to a day when I can go to an amusement park without fear of being told I'm too big to ride. I am so grateful that I will have assistance in shedding theses pounds before my little boys are old enough to get teased about how fat their mommy is. I am anxiously awaiting the day when getting dressed in the morning or for a night out with friends is a fun thing and not stressful because everything is too tight or too small. Most of all I grateful that I am getting this aspect of my life under control before I was attacked by diabetes, hypertension and the other obesity comorbidities I've feared.

This is going to be such an amazing, life changing blessing and I'm humbled and grateful it is happening to me.

I can relate to you,but only on the part of having disbetes,hypertension and other obesidy comorbidities. I been lucky enough to stop my self from really getting extremely huge.

We will both be a success. I want energy for my kids.