Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Ov/fu Appt (9Days Post-Op)

Hello every1!

Just want to share that today I went to see my surgeon an everything is GREAT! In 9days I had lost 11lbs, he ordered me to star on the Phase II diet which is PURE FOOD! So today I went grocery shopping and bought cottage cheese, sweet potato, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal and more Popsicles to add to this new phase diet. I'm very excited b/c everything is going so well, haven't vomit at all, no nauseas I meant I think I been lucky or my body loves this surgery. I tried cottage cheese for the 1st time in my life and geezzz I never knew it taste that good lol. I hope to hear from all of you, and I hope everyone is doing great as well!

Regards,

Yodelania

That's awesome!!! And welcome back to the world of real food!!! And congrats!!!!

CONGRATS! I am so excited for you!

Awesome!!! So glad u are having a good experience. I have never tries cottage cheese, I wanted to, but just can't get myself too. Maybe it's the consistency of it. Well I'm glad u found something you like. Keep us updated. Again congrats on your success.

Congrats! I love cottage cheese, can't wait until I can have purees. I don't go back to my surgeon until the 20th, ugh. I want to eat something so bad. But, I know I can wait . ;-)

I haven't been able to bring myself to eat/try cottage cheese just the thought of what it is and what is looks/smells like makes me want to upchuck lol! I did however do the whole tuna thing again and that is good....strange thing is that I hated tuna before surgery and now it's my best friend!!!

I've heard cottage cheese is really good too. Perhaps I'll try it. I need to do something. My surgery was 23 days ago and honestly I don't really eat anything. Unfortunately I have had the nausea and the vomiting. I wish there was something that would comfortably stay put in there. I haven't been taking my Vitamins or drinking my Protein Shakes bc they nauseate me. Help....

I've heard cottage cheese is really good too. Perhaps I'll try it. I need to do something. My surgery was 23 days ago and honestly I don't really eat anything. Unfortunately I have had the nausea and the vomiting. I wish there was something that would comfortably stay put in there. I haven't been taking my Vitamins or drinking my Protein shakes bc they nauseate me. Help....

You need to try and force the supplements and Protein. Your body will revolt without proper nutrients!

A trick I use is to mix a scoop of Protein powder with plain Greek yogurt or mix in a pkg of Crystal Light into it and would take small little bites. It might take you an hour or more to finish it but you can sit it in the freezer between bites an stir it good when you are ready for another bite.

I repeat, your body must have nutrition!

Is there a specific one you can recommend that's good? I have the Jillian Michael whey Protein powder that you blend with skim or 1% milk but I hate it. I've always hated milk anyway but that 1% is horrible!

Is there a specific one you can recommend that's good? I have the Jillian Michael whey Protein powder that you blend with skim or 1% milk but I hate it. I've always hated milk anyway but that 1% is horrible!

I use a lot of different brands and have to say that the brand by Jillian is not one of my faves. I never mix my drinks with milk. Actually since surgery I simply do not care for it and just rely on supplements and other foods for Calcium.

Anything by Isopure or Nector is good. I keep unflavored Isopure on hand at all times. Between those two brands you have quite a few flavor choices.

I also recommend Injury Protein, it mixes really well. But you can only find it online.

I usually have two or three diff Proteins on hand simply for variety. Unfortunately it is all on the pricey side and sometime you won't like it. But if you experiment by mixing it with things you do like you might stumble upon something you really like. Example, I hate vanilla but when I mix it with cold coffee and add a packet of Truvia and a bit of cocoa powder and some ice I end up with a slushy coffee drink that is quite refreshing when I come in from work. And it is a much better choice than the coffee drink from McDonals that I used to grab on the way home from work.

if you have a Vitamin Shoppe in your area they have a large selection of whey isolate Proteins. Just ask for it when you go in and they will direct you to the section. GNC has some, but I find that they have a small choice of favors.

I wish you much success!

I use Bariatric fusion. Its the highest Protein content that I could find online plus it is specially formulated for bariatric patients. Plus there is a Protein Powder called beneprotein by nestle that mixes easily in hot and cold food. Its what they give u wen you're on a feeding tube.

Hello everyone 4 days post op and my doctor dosent recommend Protein Shakes or mixes. Suffered a pretty bad headache and think I might need more Protein. All the info you guys give on here is great. My stomach still sounds like its pushing around the gas it gargals like crazy. Will weigh myself tomorrow they told me not to because u gain 10-15 during surgery.

Hi Anjela as an alternative In the U.K. the Surgeons/dietians aren't so keen on Protein Drinks, here for weeks 2-4 post-op they suggest to start with 4-5 small meals per day of pureed (very runny) food such as low fat yoghurt, Soup, mashed potato with gravy, cheese grated and melted on the mashed potato, parsley or other sauce for flavour, stewed apple, tinned fruit e.g. peaches. All this really pureed, so that it flows off the back of a spoon. If this is tolerated then move on to pureed meats, fish, chicken, Beans, eggs, but again foods should be pureed and low in fat or sugars. Good luck all.