Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regarding Pain part deaux

Wow, Leatha, let's get this over with as soon as possible! Just think, that's one less thing to "weigh you down". Really, they probably won't take your appendix, because it's located a lot lower. But at least they can do both laprocopically now. Gallbladder removal used to be a very major open-method surgery. Where will you be having the surgery done at? Please watch what you're eating in the meantime. You will feel so much better when that's out! Really! Take care!

Leatha, how are you feeling? Have you scheduled your surgery yet? Where will you be having it done? Hope you're feeling better. But please don't put this off. The sooner it's out, the less chance for other problems and you can stop hurting.:)

Originally posted by New Hope

Leatha, how are you feeling? Have you scheduled your surgery yet? Where will you be having it done? Hope you're feeling better. But please don't put this off. The sooner it's out, the less chance for other problems and you can stop hurting.:(

Good Mornin!!

I am feeling okay, I reckon. I think I overdid it last night. Traveling with my team is really a bad time for me. They eat out everynight and dessert is like a ritual. I rarely lose on the road, but it's my own fault. It's just tough with all the temptation. One of the ladies I work with is a very much in denial about her food behaviors and well, misery loves company.

I haven't made any arrangements regarding surgery yet because we have a job to finish next week at home too. My boss says just do what I have to do.

It just seems so complicated. My job is laying off people left and right and I've already had ONE surgery in the last 30 days. I'm so afraid I'm going to start looking like a liability to them. I hate the thought of leaving my team to finish that job alone. I hate the thought of putting it off one more week and having to use my Labor Day for healing. It just generally sucks.

I guess I may ask for my teams forgiveness and try to do it the latter part of next week. :)

Leaths - Just do what is important for you, they will understand. It's not like you were taking off for the fun of it. Sometimes we need to put ourselves first and we usually don't. I am learning sometimes we just have to. Please take care of yourself. I am thinking about you every day.

Betty

Leatha, I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news. But this gallbladder problem is not going to go away. Right now, you have the option of choosing when & where to have the surgery. It will be laproscopic. It will most likely be outpatient.

If this thing ruptures, you're endangering your life. They'll have to open you up, clean all of that poison out of your insides, put you on intense antibiotic i.v.s, and keep you a few days. They may have to pack you, keep that open for a few days, then close you back up. That is really, really serious!

If your job is making changes, get this surgery out of the way now. They know you're great and that you're not a slacker. You've probably already met your deductible. You'll have some great IRS exemptions this year.

Please take care of YOU!! Do you need me to come up there and bring a big stick?:)

Thanks Ladies,

I did go ahead and call to schedule my surgery today. I'll be undergoing yet another surgery next Friday, the 27th. Hopefully I can make it til then. At least I'll have it over - hopefully.

Good for you, Leatha! What city is your dr./hospital located in? Is that very far from your home? Will someone be there w/ you? Will you have someone at home to help you afterwards? Boy, nosey, aren't I? This surgery should be a heck of a lot easier because they won't be having to "dig around" like they did for the band installation. You know, I wonder if this was what caused you so much pain from that most recent surgery. Get that nasty thing out of your body!:):)

Leatha - I am sorry you have to go through another surgery, but happy to hear you aren't waiting any longer. It really is best to get it out asap. I saw what my sister in law went through, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Please keep us posted.

Betty

Originally posted by New Hope

Good for you, Leatha! What city is your dr./hospital located in? Is that very far from your home? Will someone be there w/ you? Will you have someone at home to help you afterwards? Boy, nosey, aren't I? This surgery should be a heck of a lot easier because they won't be having to "dig around" like they did for the band installation. You know, I wonder if this was what caused you so much pain from that most recent surgery. Get that nasty thing out of your body!:(:)

I'm letting my banding surgeon take the darn thing out :) He's in Carrollton, near Dallas. My daughter will be with me and my mom may come to help at home, which I don't feel I'll need, but we'll see.

I certainly hope it's not any harder. :(

Thanks for the well wishes you guys. I appreciate it very much!

Get all the sympathy you can out of this! I think you've earned it! If your Sis and Mom will come help, great! Let's see, laundry, cooking, vacuuming, grocery shopping, scrubbing bath tub. If they can do those for you, I bet you'll rebound even faster!

Oh, Leatha! I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this! I had my gallbladder taken out when I was only 15 (many, many years ago!). Back then it was major surgery and I have a huge scar to prove it. Thank God, they figured out how to do it with such a tiny incision now! I will never forget the kind of pain I went through before the surgery. It was really awful, so I am very glad that you have scheduled the surgery. You don't need to live with that kinda pain, girl! Good luck, and like Maria said, soak up that sympathy while you can!:)

Leatha, Best of luck to you on Friday! Since this isn't band-related, will this affect your eating habits? I wish for you a smooth surgery, minimum pain, fast recovery, and NO MORE SURGERIES! I really think that you'll feel a whole lot better, right away! Please keep us posted. Take care!:):D

Leatha - I just want to say I'm thinking about you, and will be glad when this is all over for you. You will definately be in my thoughts on Friday. Please let us know how you do.

Take care of yourself.

Betty