Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regarding Pain part deaux

I'm sorry, too, Leatha. But the main thing is that they find out what is wrong and fix it so that you can feel well again.

Nancy

Leatha - I am sorry you are feeling bad, I sure hope you don't have to have more surgery. You certainly have had your share. Please keep us posted and if I can do anything please let me know.

Betty

Leatha, thanks for sharing your results with us. Glad that the doctors could make a diagnosis quickly. I hope that they are able to get you back to feeling well again soon, and that you are not too stressed over the ordeal. God bless you and don't worry too much.

Wow, Leatha, maybe they can just put a zipper in your abdomen! :rolleyes:

No, hopefully, you're getting some real answers soon. That gall bladder acting up is a horrible, sick, yucky feeling. Mine was removed when I was banded. I haven't had one of those "spells" since. Please keep us posted!:rolleyes:

BUMMER Leatha> Keep us posted. HOpefully if it is your gallbladder then they can go in and take it out and then you can start the road to healing for real then. Tell them to talk sternly to your body while they have you open and explain that you have had enough of surgeries for the rest of the millenium. LOL!!!!

Prayers are with you.

Still have my gallbladder. UGH!! I think!

I lost my gallbladder back in about 95. I was the first person in the hospital to ever get to go home the same day I had it out. I spent exactly 8 hours from the time I walked in, had my surgery and left.

Betty

LEATHA, I am so sorry about your pain. I was supposed to get my gallbladder taken out when I got my lapband but at the last minute my Doctor said he wouldnt do it because of the possibility of infection. I was really bumbed out but really wanted my band. I am pretty sure I am facing additional surgery to get my gallbladder out. My gall bladder attacks are a tight feeling in my chest and a panicy feeling like I could pass out. A very yucky feeling. G uess I have been hoping my stones wouldnt act up while I am loosing weight. Let us know soon. Whwn you feel better lets plan our get together...Janie

Leatha, Im gall bladder-less too (since 92') ! And I have this HUGE 10 inch "battle wound" to prove it .

Think of the bright side on this.... at least you will meet your maximum out-of-pocket medical expenses for the year!!!!

So, if you are poor like me, this may be a good thing happening NOW instead of later!:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Thanks everyone for your encouragement. It really helps. I've been reading up on possible alternative treatment. I don't know what good it will do, but I'd like to put off another surgery as long as I can. It may be too late, according to the pain I have, but it's worth a try. It just seems funny that I really had no warning whatsoever, although most accounts say this is something that you may have for a long time before it becomes severe. However, I've heard it many times and read it now that weight loss does attribute to the formation of gallstones. So, I fit right into the mold of being an obese woman, over 40 who's losing weight. I've heard it many times over the past few years on these boards - people losing gallbladders right and left. I'm not so unique after all. lol.

Leatha - Please be careful, my Sister-in-law just went through an awful experience, it almost cost her her life. She kept waiting and not doing anything about it thinking it would go away or something. Well it hit her so hard she started throwing up and couldn't stop. When she got to the hospital, her gall bladder was so bad she was almost at the point of dying. Instead of having the surgery done and coming home the same day, she was in the hospital for a week and $50,000.00 worth of bills. Please take care of yourself. I know another surgery is not what you want, but sometimes we have to do it anyway. My thoughs and prayers are with you.

Betty

Leatha, fortunately, gallbladder removal is laproscopic now. If that's the real culprit, you don't want that thing to rupture and that poison and waste to go throughout your system. That would be life threatening! And, right now, you can choose your date and time for surgery. Please don't wait until it becomes an ER rush and the pain gets much worse. If it's your gallbladder, rich fatty foods will trigger off an attack. Best of luck to you!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and posting experiences. I had my sonogram this morning and it did, indeed, show gallstones. Pretty large ones, actually. It also did show that my common bile duct was dilated, but with no stones in the duct itself. From what they said, it appears that my pain this past week or so was probably a stone being passed through the duct which is why it shows to be dilated at this point. Sounds like I was lucky I didn't have more severe pain and a stone getting stuck in the duct. :)

They tell me it's just a matter of time until the next one heads down the same path.

I'm not happy about this at all. But, the doctor seems to think I need to have surgery to remove the gallbladder 'sooner rather than later'. His words.

They prescribed Levaquin and Bentyl and allowed me to make my trip to LA for this next 4 days but said when I come home I must consider having surgery. I have strict instructions to find the nearest ER at the first sign of severe pain. :( I also have strict instructions from my coumadin clinic to have my PT/INR done here in LA on Thursday due to taking Levaquin which interacts with the coumadin. Not good. :( Another thing I have to be concerned with in scheduling yet another surgery.

So, I've had the hysterectomy, I've tied my stomach up in knots around my band, I have a vena cava filter to prevent clots, I've had my heart ablated because of PSVT, if I let them take my gallbladder, can I ask them to take the appendix too? I want to be done with this.

Then, all I'll have left is my lungs, kidneys and heart. Without the other problems maybe I can focus on keeping those awhile. lol.

Keep your fingers crossed for me..

Leatha

Leatha - I hope you enjoy your trip, and try not to worry about the surgery. I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems, but you are a strong person, and you will come out on top.

Betty