Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regarding Pain part deaux

Letha

Could it be appendix or gallbladder related? Both of those are located on the right side area. Does it hurt at certain times? Like when you eat? Or is it constant?

I hope you get answers and relief soon!

It's more in the appendix area, I guess, but it seems more musculoskeletal. There is pain upon standing, pain upon sitting and moving a certain way. More like something might be out of place, like band tubing or a surgical instrument (God forbid). lol. It's not a throbbing, aching kind of pain, it's a sharp, quick pain, sorta like a stitch in your side when running (like I've run in the past 20 yrs. :) ).

Anyway, I'm off to do a CT scan in an hour. I guess we'll see.:cry

I have that exact pain in my left side from time to time ..a sideache like I have ran too fast. It just comes out of no where, not constant but uncomfortable when it does come.

I'm right here! LOL. I don't really have any news. I did my CT Scan - drank THREE - count em 3 friggin bottles of barium.. ack..:eek:

Interestingly, I called the facility and made my own appointment, after the darn insurance fiasco yesterday. While I was sitting there drinking my barium, the insurance person called to see if anyone had contacted me with an appointment time. I told her, I'm sitting here in the lobby right now. She asked me who called, I said 'no one, I called them myself, this morning. :) She was just dumbfounded, then said 'well I'm sorry you had to make your own appointment. ' Well, sheesh.. I would have still been sitting in my apartment waiting on a phone call, I guess. Anyway.. you know how it is - they gotta read it and the doc will get back with me, I guess.

While I was getting ready to leave, the radiologist came in and introduced himself and shook my hand. Then, he started asking me questions about my band, how it works, maintenance, etc. He was wanting to get in touch with Inamed to see about getting certified to do fills. That will be a good thing for us outcasts who have no local follow up care. Anyway, I should have told him I'd tell all for a percentage.. lol.

So.. no news yet. But, I definitely have a rolling tummy right now. :eek:

Leatha, did they give you any Milk of Magnesia afterwards? That barium can solidify and cause bowel problems. I'm keeping my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed that you'll get good news and get to feeling better SOON.

Nope, no milk of mag, but I'm thinking at this rate. It should all be gone by morning!!.........ughhhhhhhhh..

Leatha - I sure hope you get good news. Please keep us posted.

Do you ever get over near Grand Prairie? I would love to meet you sometime. Maybe we could meet half way. I still don't know how to get everywhere down here, but my DH does. I work in Irving although I don't know if that is anywhere near you.

Let me know.

Betty

Originally posted by Iluvharleys

Leatha - I sure hope you get good news. Please keep us posted.

Do you ever get over near Grand Prairie? I would love to meet you sometime. Maybe we could meet half way. I still don't know how to get everywhere down here, but my DH does. I work in Irving although I don't know if that is anywhere near you.

Let me know.

Betty

Irving is definitely closer than Grand Prairie. lol. I have a cousin who is a cop in Grand Prairie.

After the end of this month, I'll be better able to schedule something and meet up. That would be great! Of course! There may be others that would like to meet up too. I don't mind driving, although I don't know alot about this place either.

Let me know when you think is a good time!

Off to work.. ugh...

Leatha

Hi, I would love to meet yall (texan talk). I am in the mid cities. I am not too far from Irving and my daughter lives in Grand Prarie, so I could go either place. Maybe we could meet at a restaurant some evening... Please include me... Janie

So. My doctor had me to do an abdominal CT scan on Tuesday. Today they tell me there appears to be something going on in or around my gallbladder. Wonderful! Didn't I just get out of surgery??

I thought yesterday for awhile the pain had subsided. Maybe whatever it was had corrected itself? Anyway, now I have to do a gallbladder sonogram. :rolleyes:

I was so looking forward to getting back to exercise this past week, then I thought maybe this week. Problem is, I really don't feel good. :rolleyes: I'm trying to work and by the time my workday is done I'm just give out and in pain. I don't like this and I sure wasn't interested in having to consider another surgery a month out of my band revision. :sick

I'm sure my insurance company will be thrilled too.

Anyway - nothing's concrete yet, but this wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I'm off to lay down a little while..

Leatha

Leatha..Im sorry to hear of your news..but lets keep our fingers crossed that it is nothing serious going on with your gallbladder and atleast you have some answers and can maybe get a little relif from that. Keeping you in my thoughts..

I hope you feel better soon and your results prove nothing serious.